🏔 HOW TO: Loop your own Background

Bump! :smile:

I still can’t get it to work :frowning: Would you mind to help me with this a bit?

I uploaded the background EXT. MANHATTAN SKYLINE - NIGHT as an overlay because I want to put a car overlay over it and make the background loop faster (as if the car is driving really fast).

EXT. BLUE - DAY with NIGHT CITY CAR to 1.349 0 0
@transition fade in
&overlay NIGHT CITY CAR shifts to -110 -61 in zone 2 in 1 THEN overlay NIGHT CITY CAR shifts to -22 -61 in zone 2 in 1 loop INFINITE times

This is the code I have now and clearly it’s not looking good lol :smiley:

sorry just seen this, is it working now? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s fine :slight_smile: Honestly I thought of just leaving the scene out or replacing it with something bc I can’t do it… although it would be so good to have it.

PM me your overlay :slight_smile:

This is not working for me

do you have any errors?

no

PM me your code :slight_smile:

How would I get it to loop the other way/loop left? If that makes sense :rofl: I’m trying to get my character to walk down a street facing left

I never tried it but I think this should work too! :grin:

Okay so I have this problem:
When the overlay has shifted to its end and is supposed to move back to the beginning, it doesn’t look like a smooth loop like the default Episode Loop BGs do. It literally jumps back and it really bothers me… :worried:

check out this thread :slight_smile:

You can use easing functions

1 Like

BUMP! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

bump :hugs:

Would you be able to upload the overlay for the forest overlay? I cannot find it for the death of me! I wan give you credit?! :confounded:

there’s already a forest overlay on the top of the thread :thinking: unless you mean a different one?

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t understand at first now I do :joy:

Hi, I have trouble with my script,
I want the overlay to run through 3 zone but it only run 2 zone and then return back at zone 1

EXT. DAY LIGHT - DAY with SKY DAY to 2.206 0 0
@zoom on 0 0 to 63% in 0
&overlay SKY DAY shifts to -320 0 in zone 1 in 1.0 THEN overlay SKY DAY shifts to -563 0 in zone 1 in 1.0 THEN overlay SKY DAY shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 in 0 loop INFINITE times
@overlay AIRPLANE BLUE AVIARIA create
@overlay AIRPLANE BLUE AVIARIA opacity 1 in 0
@pause for 1.1