How to make a character bump into another one?

community

Ok so, I really need help in this… I 'm trying for a month or so to make this happen and I 've tried everything but nothing works! I want to have a character standing and reading a book and another one running and bumping onto them, so they fall. Or having a character reading a book and another one running, but the transition interrupts and you don’t see the character that is reading fall. I’m not sure if that is understandable enough so here 's what I 'm working on…

INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY LOCKERS - DAY

@ cut to zone 2

@ add Composition School Closed Grey Black to SHAY

@ SHAY stands upscreen right in zone 1 AND SHAY faces right

@ SHAY walks to spot 1.049 210 88 AND SHAY moves to layer 1

@ add Composition School Open Grey Black to SHAY

@ SHAY is read_book_open_neutral_loop

@ pause for a beat

@ DYLAN enters from left to spot 1.083 98 98 in 1 AND DYLAN is run_athletic_neutral_loop AND DYLAN moves to layer 1

&transition fade out white in 0.5

INT. WHITE BACKGROUND - DAY

(Please note that after the “@” are no spaces, but Episode Forums counts that as a mentioned person and since I 'm a new user I can’t mention more than 2 people)

The &transition fade out white in 0.5 appears to be a non valid directing command, so I tried to put an “AND” to the previous command and perform the action, but it still doesn’t work.

I also tried putting the transition fade out white in 0.5 with an "@"in front, before the command where DYLAN is running
(@DYLAN enters from left to spot 1.083 98 98 in 1 AND DYLAN is run_athletic_neutral_loop AND DYLAN moves to layer 1)
and putting an “&” instead of an “@” in front of the command where DYLAN is running, but it STILL DOEN’T WORK RIGHT.

So I first tried making Dylan bump into Shay and then Shay falling but it didn’t work out so I tried hiding the fall with a transition…

Guys I’m so frustrated, nothing works! PLEASE help me… With or without a transition, a solution would be sooooooooo appreciated! Thanks to everyone helping me out <3

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since it involves coding/scripting. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

Lemme see if I can help, hold on…

Thank you so much

Is this for Ink or Limelight?

Limelight

Ok, I think I got it. Are they gonna fall?

Only Shay, not Dylan

Alright, I think I got it. Here:

INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY LOCKERS - DAY

@cut to zone 2

@add Composition School Closed Grey Black to SHAY

@ SHAY stands upscreen right in zone 1 AND SHAY faces right

@ SHAY walks to spot 1.049 210 88 AND SHAY moves to layer 2

@add Composition School Open Grey Black to SHAY

@ SHAY is read_book_open_neutral_loop

@pause for a beat

@ DYLAN enters from left to spot 1.083 146 98 AND DYLAN is run_athletic_neutral_loop AND DYLAN moves to layer 1

@ transition fade out white in 0.1

@ DYLAN is talk_deny_neutral AND SHAY is faint

Omg that worked perfectly thank you so so muchh!!!

No problem! I’m happy to help! :blush: