How to make a character end in a certen position

I’m currently helping @Shadow_Physic with something. They want to make a scene where they want two characters to merge together
Trouble fading, and characters don’t want to move correctly
I have been able to help a little but have ran into a few problems of my own.

problem 1 is that there is a couple of seconds at the start which is a delay in the animation starting which I presume is because the overlay to make the character look faded is shifting and scaling just before. My other problem is that at the end he unfolds his arms instead of keeping them folded.
here is what I tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz6srv6gl2U

This is the coding I used to do this. I can’t seem to get rid of these little bugs shown in the video.

INT.HOSPITAL-LIGHT-STILL with HOSPITALOVERLAY
@overlay HOSPITALOVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in 0
@overlay HOSPITALOVERLAY scales to 5.632 5.632 in 0
@overlay HOSPITALOVERLAY opacity 0.8 in 0
@MAT1 stands screen left and MAT2 stands screen right and MAT2 faces left
@MAT1 walks to screen right and MAT1 is arms_crossed and MAT2 walks to screen left and MAT2 is arms_crossed and MAT1 faces left and MAT2 faces left
@MAT1 walks to screen left and MAT1 is arms_crossed and MAT2 walks to screen right and MAT2 is arms_crossed and MAT1 faces left and MAT2 faces left
@MAT1 walks to screen center and MAT1 is arms_crossed and MAT2 walks to screen center and MAT2 is arms_crossed and MAT1 faces left and MAT2 faces left
@MAT1 is arms_crossed
@overlay HOSPITALOVERLAY opacity 0 in 1
@pause for a beat
My only other idea would be to make the character themselves overlays but I’m not sure how to make them slide into each other perfectly aligned.

@Shadow_Physic how we can help you out :slight_smile:

@APES, do you have a solution for this? I’m trying to make the characters blur into each other, and go in and out of focus, but I don’t really know how to make it more natural…

I just looked on the video and it looks good, maybe I just make it a bit slower? Use THEN command if you want him to have arms crossed

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you (@APES and @Emmzy ) for helping we with this little scene!!

Also, change it to does it while instead of is

Since I am a tad bit busy, I won’t be able to finish this :sweat_smile: @Emmzy would you have time to sort of help me (lol)

I FIXED IT!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP :heart:

No problem :slight_smile: was just about to PM you about it lol