How to make a COVER on Pixlr.com!

Here is a tutorial on how to make a small cover using the Website Pixlr.com. MAKE SURE TO LIKE THIS POST IF THIS HAS HELPED YOU!!! Covers I have made using this app: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1p8wb2h1fW5DZaHcSgZ4xxDfj3NacwCC5APGoiWhUSt4/edit?usp=sharing

1. You have to take screenshots of them in your portal and their actions.
    Steps: First go on your portal

Second, go in your characters library (This is my cover making story) [Holly is the character] Click on your character, find your action you want them to be doing in the cover. I used Admire so click on the Eye on the left of the animation and her preview will pop up! Take a screenshot of JUST her. For Chromebook click Ctrl, Shift, and the button that has mulitple squares
    41%20PM
    Take a screenshot of JUST her. For Chromebook click Ctrl, Shift, and the button that has multiple squares

THEN go to Pixlr.Com this screen will pop up.

Next scroll down and this will show

Click on Editor FIRST!!
This screen will pop up ( click on the blue higlighted button that says (Create new image)

Then this screen will pop up. The area will be automated to a certain one which you will need to change to 420x580
26%20PM
39%20PM
Then you will be at this stage:

FIRST you want a backgroudn layer FIRST!! Click on file and click Open image as layer
20%20PM
Them your drive of images will pop up. Click on the background you want and click open on the bottom left and this will happen

Now you want to double finger click and ca bar will pop up. you want to click on Free transform
08%20PM
Mess around with the size until you are satisfied. Then, you want to add your characters so Click on File and CLick on Open Image as LAYER. Your character will pop up.
58%20PM
Double finger click and do free tranform until you like where they are placed. Click on the non highlighted character and a Alert will pop up Click Yes
15%20PM
Now add another character. This time, she has a white backdrop which can be easily fixed
49%20PM
Click on this tool on the left
55%20PM
Then you want to click on the back ground of the character and it will be highlighted. Press delete or back space and the white will disapear. Ex:
59%20PMPress backspace this will happen
07%20PM THen click off the image and it will unhighlight. Then free tranform her (how to do it is bove) Do that as many times of how much characters you have. NOW you are done with editor!! DONT PUT TITLE JUST YET!! Go to the left top corner and this will be there.
58%20PM On file Click SAve and this will pop up
19%20PM On Name Name it whatever ya want and make sure the quality is at 100 and then click okay. This will pop up
Click Save
Then it has been ssaved into your drive and you can go back on file and click exit
36%20PM and a if you leave changes might not be saved, ignore that and click exit.
Now you are back to the start (thats a good thing.)
Scroll back down but INSTEAD click EXPRESS This will pop up. Click Browse.

Your drive will pop up again and you need to click on the saved cover that you made in editer and click open on the bottom right

Then this will pop up, as long with your cover

To add a title Click on Type
This will pop up
Click your Font writing you want to use

Click on font and more fonts pop up to choose from. Choose color. Then click on this to type
48%20PM
Type your message and it will pop up on your cover

Around the wors or your title is where you can make the text bigger or rotate it. Place it where you want it
09%20PM

Then press apllly when you are finished. Now, you can do whatever else you want to add to your cover such as stickers, borders, overlays effects. Then when satisfyed Click save on the top left and Move qualiy to 100 and click save and your drive will pop up and click save . This will pop up
CLICK OKAY!!! Its okay if you replace it!!!
Then it has saved! And your cover is done!!!

Artist(s) Wanted!
How can I show in my new chapter what happened in the last one?
Story cover Help please
I need help with cover art
Artist(s) NEEDED!
How to create cover images?
Covers & Splashes
I'm looking for someone to make a cover for me
How do you make cover art on a computer?

Pixlr.com is the most beautiful creation ever made. Other than me, ofcourse. c;

This is a pretty awesome tutorial. :sparkles:

Thanks!! Just wanted to help people who want to make their own cover!!
I have made good covers using this app.

wow, thank you sooo much for this! I have a couple of questions

1. how do you have your characters doing a certain type of movement while the background is white? i’ve always been confused on that.
    2)can I make my own splashes using pixlr?
  2. does the Pixlr app do the same features as the desktop ?

1. You have to take screenshots of them in your portal and their actions.
    Steps: First go on your portal

Second, go in your characters library (This is my cover making story) [Holly is the character] Click on your character, find your action you want them to be doing in the cover. I used Admire so click on the Eye on the left of the animation and her preview will pop up! Take a screenshot of JUST her. For Chromebook click Ctrl, Shift, and the button that has mulitple squares
    41%20PM
    Take a screenshot of JUST her. For Chromebook click Ctrl, Shift, and the button that has multiple squares

(I will add it in my steps.)
  2. YES!! You can DEFINETELY MAKE SPLASHES!!! It is easy!!! If You want i can make a thread tutorial for a splash!!
  3. The pixlr app I dont know, I have never used the app, I only use the website.

Please make a thread on how to do splash art! Tysm!! :smiley:

Alright, might take a while as this tutoril took 45 minutes to make!

Im new and I need help

take your time! I’ll be watching and bookmarking this thread.

Moved to Resources :v:t2:

I love that. You made it easy now I can learn to make my own cover for my story.

I’m glad I could help. :wink:

This saved my LIFE! Thank you so so so much!!

Glad to help!! :wink:

It dosen’t say “Free Transform” on my computer…

What pops up???

“Settings” and “Global Settings”

Did you lightly tap the mouse with two fingers?

Yes

Did you click on the Wand Tool First??

O wait, i did it thanks!