How to make camera follow character?

I’m trying to make the camera follow my character as they walk, and even though the panning/walking is set for the same time, the keeps camera moving faster than the character

Script

EXT. DAD’S HOUSE - DAY

&cut to zone 3

&CHAR spot 0.736 440 247

@CHAR changes into outfit

&CHAR faces left

@transition fade in

&pan to zone 1 in 7

&CHAR walks to spot 0.736 235 243 in zone 1 in 7 then CHAR is idle_armscrossed_angry_loop

@pause for 7

paused for 7 to allow the camera/walking to happen before the zoom

@zoom on 306 293 to 198% in 1.5

1 Like

Have you played around with the time for the pan?

Yeah a little, nothing seems to work. The camera is always just a bit too fast

While it helps to set both the same, sometimes you’ll need to adjust the time of one to have your scene run smoother.

&pan to zone 1 in 9

@CHAR walks to spot 0.736 235 243 in zone 1 in 7 then CHAR is idle_armscrossed_angry_loop

Can’t test on the portal but can give this a try

1 Like

No matter how I time it, it just refuses to sync up :upside_down_face:

1 Like

&CHAR walks to spot 0.736 235 243 in zone 1 in 7 then CHAR is idle_armscrossed_angry_loop
@pan to zone 1 in 9

Can try this way. Number for the pan can be higher.

1 Like

Still not working :confused:

No matter what number you try? Whether 10, 11, etc?

Yeah

Did you play around with her walking time too? I wish I could test this code :sob:

Yeah but let me try some more

Still nothing

EXT. DAD’S HOUSE - DAY

&cut to zone 3

&CHAR spot 0.736 440 247 AND CHAR faces left

@CHAR changes into outfit

@transition fade in

@pan to zone 1 in 9

#I’m mentally visualizing this haha. @Scarlet_Sapphire or @Jenaco can you test this for me? :blob_sun:

2 Likes

I tested it out and I’m not sure if this is the result you’re asking for, but, the screen moves a bit before the character, however the screen followed my character then the character stopped while the screen still panned for 2 seconds longer

And thanks for the tag, Jem! :yay:

3 Likes

I don’t know ir you’ve tried they command
@follow CHARACTER

Here’s a Ss of what’s on the guides:

I can’t remember if Dara has a guide about it but if not, You can check Episode guides, in Stage direction (:

I thought the follow command only works with basic directing?

Nop, it doesn’t
I can’t remember (ahhh) but there’s a way ti make it work. Why don’t You look? I’ll search for it too because I’m pretty sure There is
I’ll let You know (:

1 Like

Ok ty I’ll look

I was doing what Dara said but it wasn’t working :thinking:

Try:

@pause for 1 THEN pan to zone 1 in 7

1 Like