How to make characters have a conversation while walking

I feel like I’ve done this before but for the life of me I cannot figure it out right now, I want 2 characters to have a conversation while walking. I have no problem starting them off, but what is the correct coding for when I am ready to make the 2nd character speak while walking if they are already walking?

I hope that makes sense.

So far this is what I have:

&NOAH walks to spot 1.019 63 180 in zone 2 in 8 AND NOAH does it while walk_talk_neutral_loop AND LAV walks to spot 0.964 68 158 in zone 2 in 8 AND LAV does it while walk_neutral_loop AND pan to zone 2 in 9

NOAH
You can't seriously be that weirded out.
It's a celebration.

LAV
Okay, maybe I'm not.
But I still want to wring your brothers neck, so it's best I stay away for a little.

NOAH
Remind me not to ever get on your bad side.

When Lav gets ready to speak, what should be the coding then?

there are animations for that walk_talk_neutral_loop, walk_talk_happy_loop
you need to put these next to the character that’s talking
NOAH (walk_talk_happy_loop)
Conversation.
&NOAH is walk_neutral_loop
LAV (walk_talk_happy_loop)

Do I do this for when I’m ready to make the second character talk? Is really that simple :sweat_smile: I’m going to feel so sheepish if its that simple :joy:

Would it just be:

LAV starts walk_talk_netural_loop AND NOAH starts walk_netural_loop

don’t worry about it. episode coding can be overwhelming when you are a beginner.

you can just leave that as it is
&NOAH walks to spot 1.019 63 180 in zone 2 in 8 AND NOAH does it while walk_talk_neutral_loop AND LAV walks to spot 0.964 68 158 in zone 2 in 8 AND LAV does it while walk_neutral_loop AND pan to zone 2 in 9
and the rest will go on as it is. but when LAV will be talking NOAH will still be doing the walk_talk animation and you do not want him to talk since LAV is talking

the & command helps you when you want an action to happen at the same time as something else in the next line. in this case the dialogue and the animation of the other character

1 Like

This helped and I achieved what I wanted, thank you so much!! I still feel a like a little sheep, that was so simple, I think I over thought this one lol. Again, thank you so much :heartbeat:

1 Like