How to make characters show on tv screen?

okkQQlJZqRbg_tv2
Does anyone know the coding to make the characters show on tv like a news report.

You need a overlay

1 Like

Here:

After uploading it to overlays use layering

3 Likes

Download the app; ‘Magic Eraser’ on your phone and erasing the interior/blue of the computer and uploading it as an overlay on the website and it should work from there. Save the PNG version of your overlay once you are finished because if you save the JPG version of the overlay then it will tell you that it can only accept PNG either way.

1 Like

So after that, how do you put the characters inside the screen?

You have to use an overlay, typically of that background and transparent where the screen is. Then you have to use spot directing to place them on top of the blue region and use layering to make sure the characters are behind the overlay.

Ex)

INT. YOURBACKGROUND - DAY with OVERLAYNAME
@CHARACTER stands spot (insert spot)
@overlay OVERLAYNAME moves to layer 2
@CHARACTER moves to layer 1

2 Likes

Oh, now I get it at first I didn’t understand it.
Thank you!

I believe the overlay above (not the one I just posted ) doesn’t work, it has to be a png. So try using this one when you upload your overlay.

1 Like

Thanks, that worked!

No problem!!! :blush:

1 Like

Hey I wanna use something like this for a mirror with reflection but how do I move another char in front of the overlay ?
is it something like:
INT. GLASS - DAY
@overlay MIRROR create
@overlay MIRROR opacity 1
@CHAR1 stands spot
@overlay OVERLAYNAME moves to layer 2
@CHAR1 moves to layer 1
@CHAR2 stands spot in layer 3

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

INT. GLASS - DAY with MIRROR at layer -1
@CHAR1 spot % X Y in zone 1 at layer 1

Check my thread about layers :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.