I need help with couch scenes, I know how to make my chacthers sit down and place them but I want the camera facing right in front of them while they’re sitting on the couch…I don’t know what to do I’m new at this whole episode stuff and I don’t know how to make backgrounds or make a cover to my story.
If you need a cover, I might help you but its gonna take a bit of time.
And if you are having any problems in your script, you can create a thread and address your problem in it. If its described properly, its most likely to be solved.
Ok thank you so much!!! So u wouldn’t mind doing my cover?
Yeah, you can pm for the details.
Ok should I show u my characters or something
Yep, Thats necessary for the cover.
Glad @Freya001.episode can help you out
So, I’m just going to link a few background sharing threads here on the forum. As well as some helpful programs and websites for if you decide to make a background instead of using someone else’s.
- Official Background Sharing Thread
- Free backgrounds and overlays! 🏗
- "Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!
- **OFFICIAL** Overlay Sharing Thread
- FREE Outlines INK (OPEN) this one is an outline request, you can use them to create your cover art or just for practice, etc.
all of these are free to download and use
- Gimp (basically free photoshop. I use this one frequently. Once you get the hang of how things work, it’s really simple to use.
- Photopea - is super basic, but if you are just starting with editing/creating- it’s not a bad program… and it’s free.
- FotoSketcher - great for turning photos into different art styles (like if you find a picture on a royalty-free site, you can use FotoSketcher to match closest to the art-style episode uses in their backgrounds.)
- Krita (another editor, I like this one for drawing/coloring in outlines… It has many more and varying brushes and options )
For royalty-free images/backgrounds:
As far as cover art goes you have a couple of options:
- find a photo on a royalty-free site and edit it yourself.
- go to one of the numerous Art/Cover Art request threads that are located under the “Art Resources” section.
- Commission an art piece from an online artist. ( I don’t know much about this option. but other people can help you out with that on the art cover threads)
Ok thanks for telling me and I know some public domain sites and others ones… anyways thank u😀for all the other options.
Btw will I have to pay?..because I can’t.
And whats “pm details” mean.
Click on her profile pic and click message. “PM” is short-type for personal message. Just answering for her in case she’s busy. Good luck!
Thank you so much I appreciate it!!! I’m a bit nervous at making my first story but I think I can do it. I’m glad I got people helping me out.
Mhm…no. You don’t have to pay and pm means to message me privately.
Ok good to know.
I cannot see the hair and face of the characters properly in the pic. Can you please resend it with the appropriate location?
Ok I’ll do that.
The “stupid questions” thread that I linked is a lifesaver for first-time writers. I used it when I first started. And, even better, sometimes just reading through the thread can give you the answer you need without having to wait on someone to respond.
It can feel confusing and it’s easy to get discouraged, so just- don’t give up. Keep trying. Give it time and the coding stuff does get to be second nature. You can do it Good luck!
Thank u for helping me:grinning:I’ll go look at that thread.