How to make dreams in stories

Heyy, so i’ve asked a lot of questions considering the story i’m getting started on at the moment and there’s one more…

a lot of the story takes place in the mc‘s dreams.

i was wondering what would be the best way to make clear if the situation takes place in a dream or reality.
Would you just put one specific filter, any kinds of transitions or just a writer message saying it?

i really don’t know and i’d be super thankful for opinions and ideas!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

You can use black and white filter.

2 Likes

I would put the sepia filter, and for those who maybe wouldn’t understand, when the dream’s over, I would have the character say… “It was a dream”
But not everytime, just the first time so the next time I’d show a dream they would realise it from the filter.
Hope this works! :blush: :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Also, I would love to read your story when it’s published, or already is!
If you’d like, you can send me the tittle because I literally am so bored and I wanna read a new story.

1 Like

If it’s a happy dream then I would use the sunny filter and a white vignette (you can make a white vignette quick in photoshop). It’s just a suggestion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes! The white vignette is a great idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it’s not published yet, i’m still working on the first chapter. it’s going to be called “Lucid dreams” in case you want to read it in the future but it will take me some time to get it ready for publishing. :slight_smile:
thank you so much for your idea, it was very helpful!:))

1 Like

that’s a good idea, thank you!

1 Like

Thanks! My pleasure to help. :blob_hearts:

1 Like

thank you so much, i don’t use photoshop sadly but it’s probably possible in gimp as well☺️ also, are you german? your user name seems german to me :)))

1 Like

Of course, you can use Gimp to make a white vignette.

Yes, I’m German. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you!

also i’m german as well soo haha hii aus hessen :)))

1 Like

Aus NRW :v:t2:

Wenn du magst, kann ich dir eine weiße Vignette machen. Aber nur wenn du willst. :slight_smile:

1 Like

wenn es kein problem für dich ist, würde ich mich mega freuen, musst du aber nicht, wie du willst :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hier sind zwei verschiedene Varianten:

für drei Zonen

für nur eine Zone

1 Like

Dankeschön!! Ich schreibe erst heute abend weiter, aber du hast mir total geholfen! danke dass du extra zeit investiert hast! :))))

1 Like

Kein Problem! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.