How to make episodes longer?

So I am in the process of revamping the first few published episodes of a story after taking over a year away from episode and it’s likely that I’ll be gone again within a matter of days, but whilst I am here revamping, I could do with some advice on how to make my episodes longer.
I’ve always been rubbish with creating episodes that are just too short, and I’ve been trying to figure out exactly what it is I can add to make them longer - from 1/1.5k lines to roughly 2-3k. I tend to make every scene follow on from each other, so I’ve been trying to stray away from this by trying to see where I can include more scene ‘jumps’ but I’m just not sure what else I could add to help my episode lengths.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :blob_hearts:

I struggle with this as well. I try not to stress about it too much though and just enjoy writing

4 Likes

That can be a result of truncating too much out of your story, meaning that the main plot is too plain and straightforward.

You can either focus on adding more elements to the main plot or expand the lore behind the side characters.

My advice? Go absolutely crazy. Do keep in mind that you’ll have to explain how did we get here :joy: But still, a crazy story is guaranteed to be long.

1 Like

Develop your side characters more. Lines/length don’t matter all that much to me (aside from the potential readers’/reviewers thoughts), honestly I’m writing for my enjoyment.

1 Like

Absolutely do this :skull:
Drives me up the walls each time I remember. I just want to be able to create a story that every time I look back at I think ‘wow, that’s actually pretty cool’ if you know what I mean
Ended up deleting all the notes I had on it not even that long ago because I’d spent so long away from episode :broken_heart:

2 Likes