How to make it reflective

Does anyone know how to make this image:

reflective? (like I want to put in characters inside but you can see the characters inside of the store)

2 Likes

You need an overlay

store-removebg-preview

1 Like

is the overlay reflective?

1 Like

wdym?
Try putting them behind the overlay and see what happens

1 Like

You want the glass to be partly transparent?

The only way I can see this working is if the store front is turned into an overlay but the glass sections are made partly transparent, so you can spot characters behind it (in store) and characters outside (in front of the store and overlay).

2 Likes

Yea, I reccomend just spot direct them from behind the store.

1 Like

But I mean have the glass edited to be partly transparent (see-through).

1 Like

@Matawrites @schittwriter I made an overlay from the background. I put the characters behind and I couldn’t see it. I already know how to do that, respectfully. I know that is needs to be transparent. I just need to have an overlay where the glass is transparent or have something to make the glass transparent.
I need the glass to be edited so it could be partly transparent, but I don’t know how to do that.

You need to create overlay of just the glass and not the door part et cetera et cetera. In your script, set the opacity of the overlay to 0.5 and then place the desired character on a layer below the layer you place the overlay on. Lmk if this works

1 Like

okay thank you. I’ll try it now

1 Like

I think I have something that might work for you because it worked for me.
Step 1: put the background into the script.
Step 2: place the character where you need them.
Step 3: create an overlay of that same background and change the opacity to around 40% or more (you can try changing to different opacities and see what suits you best), and position the overlay to match the background.
Step 4: create another overlay like this, where you’ve cut off the windows: c081e38502b4b458daba4b67bc29974fa5b40635 (1), and keep it opaque (set the opacity to 100%).

And that should do the trick.

I don’t know if you’ve already figured it out, but this is just how I do it and it seems to work.

3 Likes

@nuha.episode @Frey thank you so much!
@Matawrites @schittwriter thanks for trying (:

1 Like

you’re welcome! did it work?

1 Like

yes it did :blush:

That’s okay. I would’ve edited one for you, I just didn’t have my iPad (hence Procreate) on me at the time. :v:t2::relaxed:
If you have an iPad and Procreate or want to get it, I can show you how to make such overlays yourself and you’ll be able to do such things in future, if you want to of course. If not, that’s fine.

I’m glad someone else has helped you out with the overlay and good luck with your story.

1 Like

it’s okay, i appreciate the help.
I would like the help. do you have instagram so i can dm you whenever I need to?

1 Like

Yep! My Instagram is the same as my forum username, it’s up to you whether you’d like to message on them or PM here. :blush:

1 Like

ok tysm :relaxed:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.