How to Make Mini Games Basic

Hi. I have never done Mini Games before and just started to use choices. This part of my story is cooking/teaching and I think it would be perfect as a Mini Game. It doesn’t need to have a point system. Just the standed one.

If you could help that will be very thankful. :grin:

2 Likes

Hey, I’m kinda new myself on the whole coding thing, and I’m definitely thinking of adding a minigame later on in my story.
The thing is, I dont know how it would be a mini game if you didnt do it through the point system. I guess it depends on what you want the mini game to be and if it would affect the story. If it is just cooking, you could have the readers make their own food. Ive seen it done in the story ‘Enchanted by you’ (sorry I dont know the authors name on the forums to tag them), where you were making your own cupcake with overlays. You were choosing if it was chocolate vanilla etc, the toppings, everything, and it didnt affect the story in any way, it was just a fun little minigame. But if you want to do a cooking lesson, I think using the point system is unavoidable, so if the mc makes the right choices by paying attention to the lesson the food turns out good, but if the mc screws up the food turns out awfull.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for messaging! :grin:
What I was thinking is one of the teenager dosen’t know how to cook, so the main chaacter os trying to teach her. What I was hoping to do is have like a choice mini game. e.g. Main Character “So I see that you have all the ingredients and a pan. What do you think you need to do next?” Teenager choice “Turn the hob on” or “Put the oil in”.

That is what i was thinking about as a mini game or should I do it as choices?

Thanks for replying.

Again, it comes down to if you want the minigame to have consequences or not. So the reader makes choices as not the MC, but a side character?
So think, will there be consequences if the character doesnt make the right choices? Maybe later on in the story there is e.g. a cooking competition and the character needs to cook and winning or losing depends on how well they did on that lesson with the mc.
It really depends on your story. If it’s just a lesson that doesnt matter later on in the story and the reader doesnt necessarily have to make the right choices, dont bother with the point system. Just have the MC react differently when the teenager makes a choice. Like if they made the right one, the mc will say sth like “Good job! You’re learning” and if not, the mc will say “No, that’s not right. You need to do the other thing first because […]”.

1 Like

I okay thanks for the help

2 Likes

I like the idea of a cooking mini game how about a tappable game where you choose options? Such as

Turn the hob to a medium heat…

Which one of the images shows a medium heat?

Then you could have 3 images of different heat levels low, med and high

Then you could say something like pour 10ml of oil into the jug

Then while a measuring jug fills with liquid the reader would have to press stop once the jug is filled to 10ml.

Using overlays you could ask the reader to move the food around the pan by tapping on certain areas within a certain amount of time eg tap the red squares to stir the food but if they miss one they burn the food.

I can help you if you like but it will most likely be tomorrow when I finish work

Yeah sure that would be amazing. If you want you can message me on private on here or Instagram if you want more details :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.