HOW TO: Make your own character customisation templates -ADVANCED DIRECTING-

mustread
coding
community

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL SCREENSHOTS IN THIS TUTORIAL WHERE TAKEN FROM DARA.AMARIE’S SCRIPT TEMPLATE, PLEASE SUPPORT HER BY VISITING HER PAGE!

So, I’ve been doing some research on the famous Dara Amarie’s customisation templates, and I was fiddling around in one of my to be stories. I thought to myself “Huh, maybe if I study one of Dara.Amarie’s script templates, I might be able to make my own!” Then once I done that, I gotten what she had done overall, which is basically making a whole bunch of labels and choices. And I thought why not teach people how to do that? So I’m doing that today :T

-tutorial-

1. Before you do ANYTHING in the script make sure you have some sort of scene to do it all in, I recommend INT. BLACK - NIGHT since it is the most used scene in stories for customisation.

2. under the scene make sure you put a label, you can name it whatever you want for EG: label female_main_menu Here is a screenshot: image

3. After you have done that, you want the character to walk into the scene. For example, put @YOU enters from left to screen center

4. Make a narrator box and inside it have it say something like “Customise Your Character!”

5. Make the choices (EG: Hair, Skin Tones) and inside them have labels put in them, for EG: goto skin_tones_menu

1. You want to keep doing this for all the choices, once you are done, type the first label, in this case skin tones.

2. Then, underneath make another narrator box this time saying skin tones, then make choices again with labels in them, EG: label medieum_skin_tones (I know judge my spelling big deal you get what I mean) then once you are done with that, type the first skin type label, EG: light! Then make choices like Peach, Light, Neutral etc. Then inside those choices, instead of putting labels you make the character change their skin tone to the color that choice provides, then underneath that code, you want to make sure you type for EG: “goto light_skin_tones” you may be confused since you are already in that label, but if you leave the goto out, the choices will disappear. Do this for all the other choices.

3. Copy steps 5+ for all choices.

This is very confusing when you explain it, even I got muddled up trying to phrase my words but once you do it a few times you’ll get used to it