HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

Mine has too for a few days and I hope it does because I don’t wanna wait :grin:

1 Like

I was so confused at first like they used to take from a week to two weeks to aproove and recently they’re being aprooved the following day. Either they got more people working on that or there are not a lot of users uploading backgrounds :thinking::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, me too. The overlays seem to be approved very quickly but my backgrounds usually take a day or two more. I ended up just not using the bar overlay because the spot directing was off but it was worth a try :sweat_smile: :joy:

1 Like

Hi can you tell me what I did wrong and how would fix this?

In this pic I want green hair lady to be inin the front and the dancers in the back

In this pic I want red hoodie to be behind that guy

Here’s also my script to see what I need to add

you need to place them in the right layer, for example girl in front to layer 1 and guys at layer -1,-2,-3

Ah thanks I see what I did wrong

I’m trying to have my spot characters exit left but when they’re going to exit, they walk over the top of my front screen characters. I’ve seen characters that exit back far of the screen. How can I do that??

EXT. CAMPUS ENTRANCE - DAY
music off
@zoom reset
@ROXYANNE changes hair into Long Curly Hair
@ALE changes hair into Beach Wave Hair
@SHAWN changes hair into Spiked Up Hair
@EMMA changes into UGLY_UNIFORM_GIRL
@TOMMY changes into UGLY_UNIFORM_MEN
@ROXYANNE changes into SCHOOL 2
@ALE changes into SCHOOL 2
@EMMA spot 0.4 195 470 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND EMMA faces right AND EMMA is talk_phone_happy_loop AND TOMMY spot 0.4 75 410 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND TOMMY faces right AND RUBY spot 0.4 120 410 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND RUBY faces left AND RUBY is talk_arms_crossed_loop AND TOMMY is arms_crossed AND ROXYANNE stands screen left in zone 1 AND ROXYANNE faces right AND ROXYANNE is idle_sad AND ALE stands screen center in zone 1 AND ALE faces left AND ALE is think

@ROXYANNE is deepbreath
sound schoolbell

&TOMMY exits left AND RUBY exits left AND EMMA exits left

ALE (talk_preen)
Come on, don't change your mind!

ROXYANNE (talk_handsonhips)
I won't.

@ALE exits left AND ROXYANNE exits left and ROXYANNE is walk_exhausted

That’s my script.

can anyone help me im just starting out im only on episode 2 i keep getting unexpected dialog or you cannot use @ with a directing command when trying to enter a charactor on the screen this is part of my script.

@BROOKLYN enters from left to screen left
@BROOKLYN faces forward
BROOKLYN (dance_groove_loop)
@LEVI enters from left to back right
@LEVI faces right

LEVI (talk_angry)
BROOKLYN YOU ARE WANTED OUTSIDE.

BROOKLYN (talk_afraid)
What im not going anywhere with you all i do is dance not have sex with them.

can anyone help please.

this is wrong do @BROOKLYN is dance_groove_loop
or add dialog like
BROOKLYN (dance_groove_loop)
Script

Can someone help me the mom won’t go behind the counter?

INT. MODERN KITCHEN - DAY with MODERN at layer 1
@zoom reset
@cut to zone 2
@MOM moves to layer -3
@MOM stands screen center
@MOM faces left
@JARINA moves to layer 3
@JARINA stands screen right
@JARINA faces left

first, place your characters then move them to layer or put it in the same line

1 Like

Mkay let me check

it doesen’t work

Hi, I’m having trouble with an overlay in my script. I’m trying to get 2 girls to sit behind a desk and one to walk over the desk (as in when she walks she’s in front of the overlay), but it’s only letting me put all 3 behind the desk.
(The ones in the blue & pink hoodie are supposed to be behind and the one in the black and white tights is supposed to be in front.)

Note: I haven’t placed the character that I want over the overlay yet as I’m just trying to get her above the overlay before I continue.

When you want to add the layer to an overlay you use the following command line:

&overlay OVERLAYNAME to layer ___

So line 158 should look like this:

&overlay DESK CLASS to layer -1

bumppy

1 Like

Hi. Can anyone help me with this script unless I’m mistaken. But is there a possible way to move the character behind a background image instead of the overlay image?

For example: (note - I know that the @ command should be close together with anything that is in front of it.)

EX. JUVIE OLIVER ROW HOME - NIGHT

@ cut to zone 3
@ zoom on 667 414 to 204% in 0

@ CANNIE spot 0.349 128 433 in zone 3 AND CANNIE moves to layer (in the negative number)

1 Like

you can’t move a character behind the background unfortunately you would need to make the background a matching overlay to do that

Thanks for clarifying that!

1 Like