HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

I tried that and neither the overlay nor the character were on the screen, in fact nothing happened apart from the camera staying in zone 1…

You need to place them in the scene first (either in zone 1 or offscreen in zone 1)

You’re amazing thanks for all the help, haha new to overlays so still got some things to figure out!

1 Like

bumpin

1 Like

Bumpppp :point_up:

1 Like

Bump :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can someone help me? I can’t get my character behind the other.

1 Like

use walks to spot instead of walks to screen center

Trying to get 2 characters to walk behind another set of characters. Everything is working up until I need the characters to walk behind and disappear.

Script:
@cut to zone 3

@EXTRAF1 spot 0.200 141 315 in zone 3 at layer 2 AND EXTRAF1 faces right
@EXTRAM2 spot 0.200 159 316 in zone 3 at layer 2 AND EXTRAM2 faces left

@EXTRAM1 spot 0.236 273 319 AND EXTRAM1 faces left

@EXTRAF3 spot 0.983 31 -8 in zone 2 at layer 4 AND EXTRAF3 walks to spot 0.234 252 318 in zone 3 in 7

@pause for a beat

@EXTRAF3 faces left

&EXTRAF3 walks to spot 0.180 157 342 in 4 at layer 0
@EXTRAM1 walks to spot 0.180 157 342 in 4 at layer 0

@remove EXTRAF3
@remove EXTRAM1

Please help. Bold section is the error.

It’s not a valid command. You can’t move characters to layers like this. Move them before they start walking or just use AND CHARACTER moves to layer # on the same line when they walk

Thank you. I had actually figured it out now I’m stuck at just having them begin at a layer.

@Apes is it possible to go beyond those specified overlays like for example can you do at layer -44 or 44 if you have many overlays in a certain scene ?

beacuse i have many overlays in my scene but it says error and idk if its possible beacuse it says layer number can only be specified once and im using like 28 overlays :00fidget: :0

Layers are infinite I believe :smile: I used lower than this and it was fine. Can you show me your command :slight_smile: ?

sure

try with in lowercase

1 Like

thank you so much it worked now ill make sure to check real carefully next time if i get an error :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Allie_Diamond_Epy

Bump :disco: :penguin:

1 Like

Bump :blob_sun: