HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

Yes I think so. I haven’t added them in as overlays they are apart of the background I chose.

…what’s the background name?

The background is
INT. COFFEE SHOP FROM STAGE OL - NIGHT

I don’t ussually have an issue with placements - bets etc. Its just this background, but it sems to be the only coffee shop background.

Okay so the background has a built in overlay. Usually when there is a built in overlay, the characters always end up behind said overlay. So you have to use the background as in overlay:

INT. COFFEE SHOP FROM STAGE OL - NIGHT with INT. COFFEE SHOP FROM STAGE OL - NIGHT at layer 0

Then you add in your characters at a layer higher than 0 and it should work out

3 Likes

Thank you! That worked. appreciate it.

Hello Everyone,
I need help with the layers … I don’t understand what’s going on!
THIS IS THE CODING

THIS IS THE RESULT

I would like her to be behind the counter

Hmmmm This is gonna be tougher than expected
But thank you for replying means so much :grin:

Use:

INT. BAKERY NO OL - DAY with COUNTER BAKERY at layer 1

move character you want behind it to layer -1
and one in front to layer 2

1 Like

Thank you so much for helping AGAIN … Your like my overlay hero !!
XOXO,
MM

2 Likes

Hi, I was wondering… is it possible to put layers with the “@CHARACTER enters from X to …” command instead of the “@CHARACTER walks to” command, if that makes any sense ? lol
Cause I’ve tried and it doesn’t work, but maybe I’m doing something wrong. I would use the “@CHARACTER walks to” command but you can’t choose if your character walks from left or from right

Great! Thank you :grin:

1 Like

This helped me so much!!! Thanks for posting!

1 Like

hi! so basically i have the background INT. CLASSROOM FRONT OL - DAY and there are 2 characters sitting at a desk and i want another character entering the scene but she needs to be walking in front of the desk. please help me! :3

Is there any overlay? If not, you need an overlay. Or else the character would stand behind the desk and in front of the other characters even if you are using layers. This is so because it is a background, and in backgrounds you can’t place a character in front of an object that came with the background. Or at least I think so. Can someone correct me if I’m wrong?

I want to throw a book at someone but i don’t know how.

You need to use shifts to command, here’s the post about overlays:

I just tried it but my characters disappeared on the preview. Only one of my characters appeared, but its coded the same way.

Let’s see your code

1 Like

I figured it out but thank you!

How would I put a person in front of an overlay?