HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

You need to place characters first then move them to layers

Yes, @Apes is right. Also, try using this command or your character, it works for me!

& EMPLOYEE moves to layer -1

It worked! Thank you so much.

Yeah, that works too. Thanks!

bump :smile::smile:

i need help

what’s wrong?

Im trying to get this overlay

and make my character stand behind the desk with the computer but i cant do u know what i have to do?

use this version of the background
INT. PUBLIC LIBRARY OL - DAY
it’s already with an overlay, so your character will be automatically behind it

1 Like

Thank u so much i thought that it just showed the chair im so stupid :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hello there!

I’m quite new here at Episode and I’m struggling with almost all features. :woman_facepalming:

Today I was creating a scene in a restaurant - so far nothing special. But I got problems with the layering.

screenshot|690x431

So…the waitress should stand behind the sitting people. What am I doing wrong or how can I fix this? :woman_shrugging:

I would be very grateful if someone could help me. :slight_smile:

Kind greetings!
Nadi

Can you post your screenshot again? :slight_smile:

I can try it :smile:

you didn’t move any of your characters to the layers

Use command @CHARACTER moves to layer #
move your characters to layer 2 and 3 and waitress to layer -3

Thank you for that hint.

After I changed this the Waitress enters behind the girl (is correct), but then she still stands in front of them. :frowning:

Try:

@WAITRESS enters from right to spot 1.280 153 -19 AND WAITRESS moves to layer -3

just make sure it’s after you moved your other characters to the layers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much! Actually I found another solution. But really thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bump :shushing_face:

Hi! I would need help with an overlay, if there is the overlay already in the background like INT. SCHOOL OFFICE OL - DAY, how do I put one character in front and one behind it? Is it possible?
Thanks for help! :slight_smile:

INT. SCHOOL OFFICE OL - DAY with INT. SCHOOL OFFICE OL - DAY at layer 1

then move your character behind to layer lower than 1 and character in front to layer higher than 1

1 Like