HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

Omg thank you so much!

Does Anybody Know How To Put Those Two Girls on top of the red haired girl to Behind The Desk Science OverlayScreenshot_2018-12-23%20Element%20Academy%20Episode%201

I want The Red Haired When In Front Of The Overlay!

Move two girls to layer -2 and -3, overlay to -1 and girl in front to layer 1

Thank you!

I need help. I’m using the guard desk background with the overlay (INT. GUARD DESK OL - DAY) and I need help with the layers. I have a secretary behind the counter, and I’m trying to move my other character Grace in front of the counter. I put the secretary lady at a negative layer, and I’m not sure what number the overlay is in, but Grace is in a positive number. I really don’t want to use another background because it would be perfect for my story. Can someone help me? I will include a screenshot if you need it.

INT. GUARD DESK OL - DAY with INT. GUARD DESK OL - DAY at layer 1
then move secretary to layer -1 and character in front to layer 2

I just logged onto my computer and the forums and it worked. Thank you so much, this really helps out. I wasn’t sure if you could use the backgrounds with overlays already in them ask overlays. I can not thank you enough. You are a life saver lol

I’m trying to put food overlays on INT. CAFETERIA TABLE OL -DAY but whenever I do the table disappears…

This is my script but Lola is the character I want to go behind the counter and she is staying in front of the counter.
INT. GIRLY NIGHTCLUB- NIGHT with PAM BAR COUNTER at layer 1
@add Champagne Flute Filled to DAD
@LOLA moves to layer -1
@DAD moves to layer 2
@DAVE moves to layer 2
@LOLA stands screen center
@DAD stands screen left
@DAVE stands screen right
@DAD starts sip_cup_neutral_loop

Put the layers after or on the same line-
@CHAR stands spot AND CHAR moves to layer #

Thank you!!!

Hi, what about the episode backgrounds that come with overlays? I’m using the INT. SCHOOL OFFICE OL - DAY background and it comes with a desk. I have two characters and I want to put one behind the desk and the other in front of it. I’ve tried experimenting with layers but either way they always both end up being behind the desk. How do I fix this?

try :slight_smile:

INT. CAFETERIA TABLE OL -DAY with INT. CAFETERIA TABLE OL -DAY with OVERLAY with OVERLAY

INT. SCHOOL OFFICE OL - DAY with INT. SCHOOL OFFICE OL - DAY at layer #

thank you so much!!

Bump!

A magical bump :unicorn:

bump! :heart_eyes:

Is the bar overlay an episode overlay or do I have to download it? I’m just wondering because I really want to publish my story as soon as possible and I don’t really want to wait for it to be approved. It’s fine though if it isn’t. I’ll just have to wait :sweat_smile:

Lately everything that I upload has been aprooved the next day. :slightly_smiling_face: