How to move characters to other characters?

Hey, I’ve been having difficulty trying to figure out on how to make my character run (or walk) to another character on the screen. Can you please help me? Thank you. (My character is at zone 1 and my other is at zone 2 and I just really want to know how to do it in general because I also want to make my characters hug but I don’t know how to make that character walk over to the other one.)

Use layers. When you spot direct the characters, add layers so that one of them is in front of another:

@ CHARACTER1 spot [whatever spot] in zone 2 at layer 1

@ CHARACTER2 spot [whatever spot] in zone 2 at layer 2

This will make Character 2 be on top of Character 1

*IF YOUVE FOUND THIS HELPFUL PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME TO FOLLOW ME AS I HAVE TAKEN MY TIME REPLYING TO THIS

What do you mean by spot? I have the same problem (sorry, I’m still pretty new to coding on Episode :confused: )

What do you mean by screen position? I put screen center and it didn’t work, did I make a mistake? My “CHARACTER 2”'s name is Lili, so I tried the command “@follow LILI to zone 2” and it didn’t work…?

Yes, thank you, the following Lili part worked. But the other part (screen center position) is still saying it is an invalid directing command. I said “@VERA stands in screen center in zone 2 and VERA faces left” and “@LILI stands in screen center in zone 1 and LILI faces right” but it says it isn’t right. I appreciate the help, thank you sooo much. You’re a lifesaver.

IT WORKED!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: TYSMMMMMM

I have another question…

So here’s a sample from my script (the words are changed so right now it’s actually kind of funny)
VERA
OMG, Lili?
LILI
Vera?!?
@LILI walks to screen right
@VERA stands screen center in zone 2 AND VERA faces left
@LILI stands screen center in zone 1 AND LILI faces right
@follow LILI to screen center in zone 2
@VERA starts hug
@LILI starts hug_rear
FINN
So your boyfriend is just chopped liver now, Vera?
@VERA starts eyeroll
VERA
I can’t exactly hug my boyfriend and best friend at the same time, dork. I have T-Rex arms.
@FINN starts laugh_chuckle
FINN
Come here, weirdo.
@LILI walks to screen right
@FINN stands screen left in zone 2 AND FINN faces left
@VERA stands screen left in zone 1 AND VERA faces right
@follow VERA to screen left in zone 2
@FINN starts kiss_passionate
@VERA starts kiss_passionate_rear

Except when I preview it in the writing portal, it’s glitchy and it moves the characters randomly, they face the same direction so it doesn’t hug right, and it swaps who is in and out of the scene…

Thanks! For another story I am working on, do you know how to get characters to leave the scene after it transitions to black for the next scene so they leave unnoticed? I have been having trouble with this on several occasions.

Like if I have a supporting character in a scene talking to the person that the story is following, after the main character leaves the scene, how do I make it so that the other person just disappears after I fade it to black to transition to the next scene?

@remove CHAR

Closing due to inactivity :slight_smile: