📱 HOW TO: phonecall with two backgrounds - split screen, facetime

Alright thanks!

1 Like

bump

How do you direct the ending of the call? for the diagonal split screen phone call?

1 Like

the same way as the beginning - you just walk the character down to the “starting position” and simultaneously you shift the overlay down to the starting position - the principle is identical and moving them up - you just move them down.

1 Like

How do I do that? Could you give me an example?

I’m not sure if I understand the question - how do you do what? shifting an overlay?

if so, here is more in detail explained how you can animate overlays

1 Like

Oh! thank you so much! :DD

Sorry to bother, is there an app or free website I can use to cut the background and save it as PNG?

there are several apps even for phone… look for the one where you can paint in. Unfortunatelly I dont know them personally. For PC the free program I know is GIMP its closest to photoshop

I found a solution, still I can’t make the phonecall work. Is it possible because the background overlayed isn’t approved yet?

no this should not be a problem you should be able to see the overlay in the portal
show me your code and overlay so I can figure out what went wrong.

I wenterely copied your text:

@overlay INT_UFFICIOCHARLES2 create
@overlay INT_UFFICIOCHARLES2 scales to 1.0 1.0
@overlay INT_UFFICIOCHARLES2 shifts to 350 -39 in zone 2
@overlay INT_UFFICIOCHARLES2 moves to layer 2
@overlay INT_UFFICIOCHARLES2 opacity 1

1 Like

INT_UFFICIOCHARLES2 is the overlay, and it has been approved a few hours ago.

what you got is just spotting of the overlay - you are not moving it to the new position.

Are going to shift it from the right side as I have in my example?

if so use this template - just change the name of the overlay, background and the characters

INT. ISLAND BEDROOM - DAY
&zoom reset

&overlay ROOM create
&overlay ROOM moves to layer 2
&overlay ROOM shifts to 160 0 in zone 2
&overlay ROOM opacity 1

&CHAR1 spot 1.064 74 114 in zone 1
&CHAR1 moves to layer 1
&CHAR1 faces right
&CHAR1 is listen_phone_sigh

&CHAR2 spot 1.163 248 100 in zone 2
&CHAR2 moves to layer 3
&CHAR2 faces left
@CHAR2 is listen_phone_confused

&CHAR2 walks to spot 1.163 248 100 in zone 1 in 3 AND CHAR2 does it while listen_phone_confused THEN CHAR2 is listen_phone_confused
@overlay ROOM shifts to 160 0 in zone 1 in 3

2 Likes

What parts should I change to make it shift from left?

Really sorry to bother you, but I am new at coding

well shifting from the left will be bit more chalanging because you will have to find the right position - which you will probably dont know how becaue you are new to coding - I can adjust it for you but now I am at work - so you have to wait for weekend - tell me in mean time what background you want to use.
Also will the background be in zone 1 in this scene or in another?

I really don’t want to bother you. I can try to switch the characters and make the overlay shift from right. Let me see, I’ll let you know in a few if I can make it work. :slight_smile:

I MADE IT! thank you so much! <3 <3 <3

1 Like

Hi Farah, may I bother you again to ask you how could I do if I want to zoom on my who characters? While they are on phonecall?