📱 HOW TO: phonecall with two backgrounds - split screen, facetime

Sorry to bother, is there an app or free website I can use to cut the background and save it as PNG?

there are several apps even for phone… look for the one where you can paint in. Unfortunatelly I dont know them personally. For PC the free program I know is GIMP its closest to photoshop

I found a solution, still I can’t make the phonecall work. Is it possible because the background overlayed isn’t approved yet?

no this should not be a problem you should be able to see the overlay in the portal
show me your code and overlay so I can figure out what went wrong.

I wenterely copied your text:

@overlay INT_UFFICIOCHARLES2 create
@overlay INT_UFFICIOCHARLES2 scales to 1.0 1.0
@overlay INT_UFFICIOCHARLES2 shifts to 350 -39 in zone 2
@overlay INT_UFFICIOCHARLES2 moves to layer 2
@overlay INT_UFFICIOCHARLES2 opacity 1

1 Like

INT_UFFICIOCHARLES2 is the overlay, and it has been approved a few hours ago.

what you got is just spotting of the overlay - you are not moving it to the new position.

Are going to shift it from the right side as I have in my example?

if so use this template - just change the name of the overlay, background and the characters

INT. ISLAND BEDROOM - DAY
&zoom reset

&overlay ROOM create
&overlay ROOM moves to layer 2
&overlay ROOM shifts to 160 0 in zone 2
&overlay ROOM opacity 1

&CHAR1 spot 1.064 74 114 in zone 1
&CHAR1 moves to layer 1
&CHAR1 faces right
&CHAR1 is listen_phone_sigh

&CHAR2 spot 1.163 248 100 in zone 2
&CHAR2 moves to layer 3
&CHAR2 faces left
@CHAR2 is listen_phone_confused

&CHAR2 walks to spot 1.163 248 100 in zone 1 in 3 AND CHAR2 does it while listen_phone_confused THEN CHAR2 is listen_phone_confused
@overlay ROOM shifts to 160 0 in zone 1 in 3

2 Likes

What parts should I change to make it shift from left?

Really sorry to bother you, but I am new at coding

well shifting from the left will be bit more chalanging because you will have to find the right position - which you will probably dont know how becaue you are new to coding - I can adjust it for you but now I am at work - so you have to wait for weekend - tell me in mean time what background you want to use.
Also will the background be in zone 1 in this scene or in another?

I really don’t want to bother you. I can try to switch the characters and make the overlay shift from right. Let me see, I’ll let you know in a few if I can make it work. :slight_smile:

I MADE IT! thank you so much! <3 <3 <3

1 Like

Hi Farah, may I bother you again to ask you how could I do if I want to zoom on my who characters? While they are on phonecall?

there is no difference in how to zoom if you do the phonecall to the normal scene.
If you are not zoomed enough and see the overlay you can make it invisible by setting the opacity to 1

&overlay NAME opacity 0 in 0

when you reset the zoom set it again on opacity 1 to make it visible.

1 Like

Sorry to bother Farah, I promise is the last question:

What’s the code to make the scene go back to normal when the phonecall ends?

it depends if you just want to clear it just write

&overlay NAME clear
&remove CHARACTER

and both the overlay and character will disapear

Or you can shift them back to the right similary like on the start.

Many thanks! I’ll use the first one because i don’t know how to shift them like on the start. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
Thank you so much, what’s your nick so I can credit you?

its @miss_desanitis_😁

1 Like

Many thanks! <3

This tutorial will really help me a lot ty for making this tutorial :pleading_face::cupid:

1 Like