HOW TO: Place Character(s) in Bed (Top View) 😴 🛌

Hello everyone :wave: Today, I’m going to share some example codes (in the style limelight, however you can also apply it for the ink style as well, just change animation names and play a little bit around with spot directing) that have to do with placing character(s) in bed, from the top view of the bed. So not sleeping sideways, but sleeping, straight up. like a vampire :vampire: First, I share codes that don’t take tablet use into consideration and then I share codes that do (it was coded pretty fast haha but I hope it’s simple) :heart:
What you should understand: spot directing, overlays and layers. Zooms as well, in addition to the @ and & commands :blue_heart:

Anyways, without further ado, here they are:

#Let’s see “sleeping in a bed from the top view” scenes in action.

Tablet use:

scene 1, in bed alone:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER GRAND SHIP CABIN BED with FLOWERGRIEFER SHIP TOP VIEW BED SHEETS to 1.000 0 -60 at layer 3

&zoom reset

&speechbubble reset

&MOONLIGHT spot 1.493 228 5 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND MOONLIGHT faces left AND MOONLIGHT is yawn_bored

@pause for 4

&MOONLIGHT is flirt_coy_atcamera

NARR (MOONLIGHT)
So this is my natural habitat where you can find me for most of the time.

scene 2, pulling covers up, still alone:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER GRAND SHIP CABIN BED with FLOWERGRIEFER SHIP TOP VIEW BED SHEETS to 1.000 0 -332 at layer 3

&zoom reset

&speechbubble reset

&MOONLIGHT spot 1.493 228 5 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND MOONLIGHT faces left AND MOONLIGHT is yawn_bored then MOONLIGHT is reach_kneel_neutral

@pause for 3

&overlay FLOWERGRIEFER SHIP TOP VIEW BED SHEETS shifts to 0 -60 in 1
@pause for 1 then MOONLIGHT walks to spot 1.493 228 5 in 1 AND MOONLIGHT faces left AND MOONLIGHT does it while cheer_handsin then MOONLIGHT is yawn_bored

&MOONLIGHT is flirt_wink_atcamera

MOONLIGHT
(23 hours should be reserved for sleeping and 1 hour for other leisure activities).

scene 3, with someone special:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER GRAND SHIP CABIN BED with FLOWERGRIEFER SHIP TOP VIEW BED SHEETS to 1.000 0 -60 at layer 3

&zoom reset

&speechbubble reset

&MOONLIGHT spot 1.493 228 5 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND MOONLIGHT faces left AND MOONLIGHT is yawn_bored
&STARLIGHT spot 1.598 97 -29 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND STARLIGHT faces right AND STARLIGHT is yawn_bored

@pause for 5

&zoom on 33 568 to 211% in 0

STARLIGHT (idle_sad_loop)
(I can’t believe I’m not an actual pirate. All those years of living a lie. A fake lineage.)

STARLIGHT (idle_sad_serious_loop)
(Instead, I’m related to prissy fools who believed cows could talk to humans.)

&zoom on 281 568 to 211% in 0

MOONLIGHT (idle_awkward_scratch_loop)
(He looks sad. Maybe because I slapped him with a broom.)

MOONLIGHT (laugh_chuckle)
(In my defense, I thought he was a thug breaking into my room at first.)

&MOONLIGHT is flirt_shy_atcamera

NARR
These were all scenes, not taking tablet use into consideration.
Here are scenes that do take tablet use into consideration:

Scenes that take tablet use into consideration:

Scene 1, in bed alone:

INT. FG GRAND SHIP HALL2 with FG GRAND SHIP TOP VIEWBED to 1.000 3 -94 in zone 2 at layer -1 with FLOWERGRIEFER SHIP TOP VIEW BED SHEETS to 1.000 1 -183 in zone 2 at layer 3

&cut to zone 2

&speechbubble reset

&zoom on 416 3 to 106% in 0

&MOONLIGHT spot 1.493 231 -93 in zone 2 at layer 2 AND MOONLIGHT faces left AND MOONLIGHT is yawn_bored

@pause for 4

&MOONLIGHT is flirt_coy_atcamera

MOONLIGHT
(I’m born rich. Are you?)

Scene 2, pulling covers up, still alone:

INT. FG GRAND SHIP HALL2 with FG GRAND SHIP TOP VIEWBED to 1.000 3 -94 in zone 2 at layer -1 with FLOWERGRIEFER SHIP TOP VIEW BED SHEETS to 1.000 1 -287 in zone 2 at layer 3

&cut to zone 2

&speechbubble reset

&MOONLIGHT spot 1.493 231 -93 in zone 2 at layer 2 AND MOONLIGHT faces left AND MOONLIGHT is yawn_bored then MOONLIGHT is reach_kneel_neutral

@pause for 3

Scene 3, in bed with someone special:

&overlay FLOWERGRIEFER SHIP TOP VIEW BED SHEETS shifts to 1 -183 in zone 2 in 1
@pause for 1 then MOONLIGHT walks to spot 1.493 231 -93 in 1 AND MOONLIGHT faces left AND MOONLIGHT does it while cheer_handsin then MOONLIGHT is yawn_bored

&MOONLIGHT is flirt_wink_atcamera

NARR (MOONLIGHT)
(I need to enter politics and become the prime minister.)

INT. FG GRAND SHIP HALL2 with FG GRAND SHIP TOP VIEWBED to 1.000 3 -94 in zone 2 at layer -1 with FLOWERGRIEFER SHIP TOP VIEW BED SHEETS to 1.000 1 -183 in zone 2 at layer 3

&cut to zone 2

&speechbubble reset

&MOONLIGHT spot 1.493 231 -93 in zone 2 at layer 2 AND MOONLIGHT faces left AND MOONLIGHT is yawn_bored
&STARLIGHT spot 1.598 100 -130 in zone 2 at layer 1 AND STARLIGHT faces right AND STARLIGHT is yawn_bored

@pause for 5

&STARLIGHT is listen_nod_neutral_loop

MOONLIGHT (talk_armscrossed_condescending_loop)
And once I become prime minister, one of my first rules will be to throw people who litter in jail.
A fine isn’t good enough, but jail time is.
Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.
Am I right?

&MOONLIGHT is listen_nod_neutral_loop

STARLIGHT (talk_agree_happy)
I agree…

STARLIGHT (talk_awkward_loop)
But I think community service where they’re forced to clean up after animals would be even better.

&MOONLIGHT is talk_exclaim_yes_happy

STARLIGHT (talk_apathetic)
After all, why waste tax payers money on keeping litterbugs locked up when you can force them to do labour?

NARR
Note: All backgrounds and overlays in every scene are by FlowerGriefer from the forums, thank you so much, you rock <3

And that’s all for now! Here are where you can find the backgrounds and overlays:

:tulip: FlowerGriefer’s Backgrounds :tulip: - Creator’s Corner / Art Resources - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

Names of all BGs and Overlays used in the scenes

#Background Name:

Grand Ship Corridor 3 image

Name it: INT. FG GRAND SHIP HALL2

#Background Name:

Grand Ship Cabin Top View Bed Sheets image

Name it: INT. FLOWERGRIEFER GRAND SHIP CABIN BED

overlays:

#overlay name:

Grand Ship Cabin Top View Bed Sheets image

Name it: FG GRAND SHIP TOP VIEWBED

#overlay name:

Grand Ship Cabin Top View Blanket image

Name it: FLOWERGRIEFER SHIP TOP VIEW BED SHEETS

PLEASE credit FlowerGriefer from the forums if you use (her rules are in her background thread) :sunflower:

image names can be found within the images when you click on them to enlarge them and then download them :mic_drop: :blob_hearts:

Here is the YouTube video of it in action:

Episode Interactive: Placing Characters in Bed, Top View - YouTube :rose:

Thank you so much for checking this out, have a great day/night where you’re at, peace out! :v::hibiscus: :kiss:

12 Likes

Visual of it:

Ignore the video’s thumbnail :joy: :lol:

6 Likes

Very helpful! Thank you :relaxed:

1 Like

Bump :sleeping:

Bump!

1 Like

Thank u :cat_typing: :hugs:

1 Like

Bump they are so useful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

When I try to use the “INT. FLOWERGRIEFER GRAND SHIP CABIN BED” I get the script error that the background doesn’t exist. ideas?

Did you upload this background?

1 Like

I didn’t know about the uploading part lol. Got it figured out now. Credit you; JemU776?

No credit required for the code, only for the background and overlay (both by FlowerGriefer) :+1:

bump.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.