HOW TO: Place Characters in a Bath

tips
help
directing

Hi, welcome!
I hope this is titled right ^^
I’m going to show you how to place characters in a bath that has bubbles.

What you need to understand before doing this:

Spot Directing: Spot Directing (Moving Characters Around)
Overlays: A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS
Layers: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers
Zooms: Zoom Directing (The Art of the Zoom Made Easy)

Anyways, moving on!

Background

You’ll need to upload this into backgrounds. You can call it anything but I chose to name it INT. CHRISTY BATH

Credit: this background belongs to @christy_lovepisode so if you use remember to give credit to her.

Overlay

OK, so you can name this overlay anything that you want but I decided to call it CHRISTY LOVEBATH Note this overlay needs to go at a higher layer than the characters, since the bubbles need to appear in front of their faces, not behind.

Credit: this overlay belong to @christy_lovepisode so if you use remember to give credit to her.

Ok, just to re-iterate, I named the background INT. CHRISTY BATH and the overlay CHRISTY LOVEBATH and I have two characters-STAR (a girl) and HEART (a boy) in these scenes (sometimes just STAR)

NOW, TIME FOR THE SCENES:

Scene with STAR standing in the bath alone:

Code:

INT. CHRISTY BATH with CHRISTY LOVEBATH at layer 2

@zoom reset

@STAR stands screen center AND STAR faces right

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I love bubbles.

Picture for Code:

Of course in this scene, she’s a little too high, so you’ll need to place her lower. I’ll show you how to do that in the next scene.

And yeah, I know it’s weird don’t take a bath with clothes on, but whatever ^^

Scene with STAR in the bath using spot placement:

Code for it:

@zoom reset

@STAR spot 1.280 160 -75 AND STAR faces right

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I love bubbles.

Picture for this code:

She’s lower which is great, but it would be even better if we zoomed in. Next scene will show that ^^

Scene with STAR in the bath, zoomed in:

Code for it:

@zoom on 166 192 to 181% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 160 -75 AND STAR faces right

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I love bubbles.

Picture for Code:

And now for the last scene on having two people in a bath together (I already did so many scenes-well, it feels like so many

Scene for two people in a bath:

Code for it:
INT. CHRISTY BATH with CHRISTY LOVEBATH at layer 3

@zoom on 154 228 to 141% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 206 -57 AND STAR faces left AND HEART spot 1.280 118 -50 AND HEART faces right

@STAR moves to layer 2 AND HEART moves to layer 1

@HEART starts yawn_bored

STAR (talk_shrug)
I love bubbles.

Picture of this code:

Special Request for Friend from IG:

Code for it:

INT. CHRISTY BATH with CHRISTY LOVEBATH at layer 3

@zoom on 95 92 to 139% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 194 -103 AND STAR faces right AND HEART spot 1.280 102 -69 AND HEART faces right

@STAR moves to layer 2 AND HEART moves to layer 1

@HEART is flirt_shy

STAR (yawn_bored)
(I love bubbles.)

The picture for this code:

You can tweak some stuff around, like their spots, and the zoom. Let me know if this is exactly what you wanted and if you like it, and if not, I’ll re-do it ^^

Whew, that took some time, boy am I sweating! Does anyone else sweat when they code or is it just me? Lol…
Hope this helps you, and STAR really was the star of the show, wasn’t she? I’m sorry I just had to… :star:

You’re do helpful. Thank you for sharing your amazing skills with us. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: #blessed

Thanks mon amie, xoxo :kissing_cat: :black_heart: :sparkling_heart:

Re-uploading the overlay because somehow the picture randomly became JPG when it was PNG :thinking: :woman_shrugging: Am I the only who is getting this or anyone else? This happened in PM to one of my images, too, sigh…

Here ya go:

OK, so this overlay belongs to @christy_lovepisode so if you use remember to give credit to her.

BTW in the examples above, I decided to call it CHRISTY LOVEBATH ^^

If you click on overlay above, in the first post in this thread, you can read more about it : )

Anyways, enjoy your day/night!