HOW TO: Place Characters in a Bath 🦄 🖤

Hi, welcome :fairy: :gem:
I’m going to show you how to place characters in a bath that has bubbles. :present: :blob_hearts:

What you need to understand before doing this:

Spot Directing: Spot Directing IG post & Video & Another Spot Directing IG post
Overlays: Part 1 & Part 2 OR Guide on Overlays
Layers: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers
Zooms: Zooms, @ and &
Stage Direction: HOW TO: Stage Direction

Anyways, moving on!

1. Purple Themed Bubble Bath Background + Overlay:

Background

You’ll need to upload this into the backgrounds section. Name it INT. FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BUBBLE BATH

Credit: this background belongs to @FlowerGriefer so if you use remember to give credit to her. :purple_heart:

Overlay

The name of this overlay is FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BUBBLE BATH OL :bathtub: :sparkling_heart: :sparkles:

Note that this overlay needs to go at a higher layer than the characters (the bubbles would appear in front of their faces).

Credit: this overlay belong to @FlowerGriefer so if you use remember to give credit to her.

Ok, just to re-iterate, I named the background INT. FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BUBBLE BATH and the overlay FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BUBBLE BATH OL and I have two characters-STAR (a girl) and HEART (a boy) in these scenes (sometimes just the girl, STAR)

NOW, TIME FOR THE SCENES:

Scene with STAR standing in the bath alone:

Code:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BUBBLE BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BUBBLE BATH OL at layer 2

@zoom reset

@STAR stands screen center AND STAR faces right

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I love bubbles.

Picture for Code:

Of course in this scene, she’s a little too high, so you’ll need to place her lower. I’ll show you how to do that in the next scene.

And yeah, I know it’s weird to take a bath with clothes on, but whatever ^^

Scene with STAR in the bath using spot placement:

Code for it:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BUBBLE BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BUBBLE BATH OL at layer 2

@zoom reset

@STAR spot 1.280 159 -59 AND STAR faces right

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I love bubbles.

Picture for this code:

She’s lower which is great, but it would be even better if we zoomed in. Next scene will show that ^^

Scene with STAR in the bath, zoomed in:

Code for it:

@zoom on 186 176 to 150% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 159 -59 AND STAR faces right

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I love bubbles.

Picture for Code:

And now for the last scene on having two people in a bath together (I already did so many scenes-well, it feels like so many) XD

Scene for two people in a bath:

Code for it:
INT. FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BUBBLE BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BUBBLE BATH OL at layer 3

@zoom on 154 228 to 141% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 210 -52 AND STAR faces left AND HEART spot 1.280 113 -36 AND HEART faces right

@STAR moves to layer 2 AND HEART moves to layer 1

@HEART starts yawn_bored

STAR (talk_shrug)
I love bubbles.

Picture of this code:

Special Request for Friend from IG:

Code for it:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BUBBLE BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BUBBLE BATH OL at layer 3

@zoom on 73 263 to 139% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 180 -67 AND STAR faces right AND HEART spot 1.280 98 -40 AND HEART faces right

@HEART is flirt_shy

STAR (yawn_bored)
(I love bubbles.)

The picture for this code:

You can tweak some stuff around, like their spot coordinates, and the zoom ^^

2. Purple Themed Bath Background without Bubbles + Overlay:

Background

You’ll need to upload this into the backgrounds section. Name it INT. FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BATH

Credit: this background belongs to @FlowerGriefer so if you use remember to give credit to her. :purple_heart:

Overlay

The name of this overlay is FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BATH OL :bathtub: :sparkling_heart: :sparkles:

Note that this overlay needs to go at a higher layer than the characters.

Credit: this overlay belong to @FlowerGriefer so if you use remember to give credit to her.

Just to re-iterate, I named the background INT. FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BATH and the overlay FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BATH OL and I have two characters-STAR (a girl) and HEART (a boy) in these scenes (sometimes just the girl, STAR)

Code:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BATH OL at layer 2

@zoom reset

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I hate bubbles.

Picture for Code:

Of course in this scene, she’s a little too high, so you’ll need to place her lower. I’ll show you how to do that in the next scene.

Code for it:

@zoom reset

@STAR spot 1.280 160 -75 AND STAR faces right

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I hate bubbles.

Picture for this code:

She’s lower which is great, but it would be even better if we zoomed in. Next scene will show that ^^

Code for it:

@zoom on 166 192 to 181% in 0

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I hate bubbles.

Picture for Code:

And now for the last scene on having two people in a bath together (I already did so many scenes-well, it feels like so many) XD

Code for it:
INT. FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BATH OL at layer 3

@zoom on 154 228 to 141% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 206 -57 AND STAR faces left AND HEART spot 1.280 118 -50 AND HEART faces right

@HEART starts yawn_bored

STAR (talk_shrug)
I hate bubbles.

Picture of this code:

Code for it:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER PURPLE BATH OL at layer 3

@zoom on 96 211 to 139% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 184 -86 AND STAR faces right AND HEART spot 1.280 99 -52 AND HEART faces right

@HEART is flirt_shy

STAR (yawn_bored)
(I hate bubbles.)

3. Silver Themed Bubble Bath Background + Overlay:

Background

You’ll need to upload this into the backgrounds section. Name it INT. FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BUBBLE BATH

Credit: this background belongs to @FlowerGriefer so if you use remember to give credit to her. :white_heart:

Overlay

The name of this overlay is FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BUBBLE BATH OL :bathtub: :sparkling_heart: :sparkles:

Note that this overlay needs to go at a higher layer than the characters (the bubbles would appear in front of their faces).

Just to re-iterate, I named the background INT. FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BUBBLE BATH and the overlay FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BUBBLE BATH OL and I have two characters-STAR (a girl) and HEART (a boy) in these scenes (sometimes just the girl, STAR)

Code:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BUBBLE BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BUBBLE BATH OL at layer 2

@zoom reset

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I love bubbles.

Picture for Code:

Code for it:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BUBBLE BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BUBBLE BATH OL at layer 2

@zoom reset

@STAR spot 1.280 162 -34 AND STAR faces right

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I love bubbles.

Picture for this code:

Code for it:

@zoom on 177 314 to 181% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 166 -39 AND STAR faces right

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I love bubbles.

Picture for Code:

Code for it:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BUBBLE BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BUBBLE BATH OL at layer 3

@zoom on 153 446 to 141% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 207 -32 AND STAR faces left AND HEART spot 1.280 120 -16 AND HEART faces right

@HEART starts yawn_bored

STAR (talk_shrug)
I love bubbles.

Picture of this code:

Code for it:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BUBBLE BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BUBBLE BATH OL at layer 3

@zoom on 96 432 to 139% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 194 -46 AND STAR faces right AND HEART spot 1.280 102 -25 AND HEART faces right

@HEART is flirt_shy

STAR (yawn_bored)
(I love bubbles.)

4. Silver Themed Bath Background without Bubbles + Overlay:

Background

You’ll need to upload this into the backgrounds section. Name it INT. FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BATH

Credit: this background belongs to @FlowerGriefer so if you use remember to give credit to her. :white_heart:

Overlay

The name of this overlay is FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BATH OL :bathtub: :sparkling_heart: :sparkles:

Note that this overlay needs to go at a higher layer than the characters.

Just to re-iterate, I named the background INT. FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BATH and the overlay FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BATH OL and I have two characters-STAR (a girl) and HEART (a boy) in these scenes (sometimes just the girl, STAR)

Code:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BATH OL at layer 2

@zoom reset

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I hate bubbles.

Picture for Code:

Code for it:

@zoom reset

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I hate bubbles.

Picture for this code:

Code for it:

@zoom on 167 331 to 181% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 164 -38 AND STAR faces right

@STAR moves to layer 1

STAR (talk_shrug)
I hate bubbles.

Picture for Code:

Code for it:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BATH OL at layer 3

@zoom on 147 439 to 141% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 204 -43 AND STAR faces left AND HEART spot 1.280 117 -19 AND HEART faces right

@HEART starts yawn_bored

STAR (talk_shrug)
I hate bubbles.

Picture of this code:

Code for it:

INT. FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BATH with FLOWERGRIEFER SILVER BATH OL at layer 3

@zoom on 71 439 to 139% in 0

@STAR spot 1.280 194 -49 AND STAR faces right AND HEART spot 1.280 101 -22 AND HEART faces right

@HEART is flirt_shy

STAR (yawn_bored)
(I hate bubbles.)

Whew, that took some time, boy am I sweating! Does anyone else sweat when they code or is it just me? Lol… :lol: :lollipop:
Hope this helps you, and STAR really was the star of the show, wasn’t she? I’m sorry I just had to… :star: P.S Might have been a little repetitive haha but that’s alright , good luck on your story :smiling_imp: :metal2: :blob_hearts:

50 Likes

You’re do helpful. Thank you for sharing your amazing skills with us. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: #blessed

3 Likes

Thanks, xoxo :black_heart: :sparkling_heart:

What if you want the character to look like they are coming up from underneath the water (H2O)? Well, here’s a mini tutorial on how to! :icecream:

To begin, you can place your character below using this line of code:

@CHAR spot % X Y (these are symbols which HAVE to be replaced with numbers)

And then you can write:

@CHAR walks to spot % X Y in S AND CHAR does it while non_walking_animation

• All on one line, % X Y, S have to be replaced with numbers. non_walking_animation can be replaced with a random, existing animation like idle (or of your choosing). You’d also replace CHAR’s script name to yours.

Legend:

• % is the height/size of the char
  • X is left to right or right to left (higher numbers on the right and lower numbers on the left, like a graph)
  • Y is up-down or down-up (lower numbers at the bottom and higher numbers at the top, like a graph)
  • S is a number, in seconds (time can’t go backwards)

Change only the Y value (the third number in spot directing since that controls the CHAR vertically, whether they go up or down) :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Bump + enjoy your day/night, I really hope this aids you! :blob_sun: :rose: :woman_genie:

3 Likes

Bump :ghost:

Brilliant!

1 Like

1 Like

bump

1 Like

Bump :rofl:

yo-bump da bump

1 Like

Bump :nerd_face: :blue_heart:

“I love bubbles”

She looks like she wants to kill someone… Lmao but anyways thank you jemmm :heart:

Lol, NP :slight_smile:

Bump :bath:

Bump!

bump

Bump :smile:

Bump :blue_heart:

Bump :smile:

This was really helpful.
but can I ask a question👀.
In the bathtub, I want a character to look like they are coming up from underneath that water, how can I do that?