How to properly enter a long subplot

Okay so i think i have an idea what made me get this error but i would like some help how to do the episode proper fomat to do it. I would really appreciate it. I tried looking into the forms and online but haven’t found a detailed on what i wanted to do. so i’m hoping maybe someone might be able to help.

Bascally Plot A happens. Plot A branches into sub plots. Each of the sub plots have choices.

I believe i’m getting the error because the system thinks i have an improper choice instead of one of the two sub-plot branches. :blush:

I do hope someone could help me out :slight_smile:

What caused the error is that I think you have to put the option under the choice, not directly after. Like this:
choice
“Option 1” {

}
The second option’s quotation marks have to go right after the curly brackets instead of with a space. Like this

}“Option 2”{

}

And I recommend working with labels in this case. Example:
choice
“Option 1” {
goto plot1
}“Option 2” {
goto plot2
}

label plot1

choice
“Option a” {

}
etc. Hope it’s understandable :slight_smile:
There are a lot topics on labels on here and many tutorials on yt as well :slight_smile:

it seems you are just missing closing bracket in place the choice “play hero” ends - or at last it is not visible on the screenshot.

To make branched choices you simply add choice inside choice it easy once you understand simply choice just you must keep in mind that you still must keep all the brackets

Example of choice inside a choice:

choice
“Branch A” {
choice
"A1" {
} “A2” {
}
} “Branch B” {
choice
"B1" {
} “B2” {
}
}

thank you the labels helped solved the errors thank you :slight_smile:

now i’m just going to see how it turns out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.