How to put character in front of overlay?

Ok so I have seen in some of the Episode stories I read that some have the Charaters standing in front of a table or desk and behind. I know how to put the behind a overlay I just add a overlay but I wanted to know if someone could tell me how to put them in front of the overlay also?

Thanks. :grinning:

@Bethany1 you have to use the layer like this.
@CHAR enters from x to x at layer x.”

oh sorry, ignore the first one, its @CHAR moves to layer #

1 Like

Thank you I have been try and just couldn’t get it to work for me this should help thank you so much :slight_smile:

What would the # be like i don’t get that part sorry.

@CHAR spot % X Y in zone # at layer #
or the other one @CHAR moves to layer #

1 Like

Credit to @Apes

1 Like

Actually, this picture it’s not mine :slight_smile: It belongs to @episode.advice

1 Like

Sorry, I thought it was yours because you posted it on a new topic.

Ok I think I get it know lol I well try it later in my story when I need it think you.

Ok you’re welcome @Bethany1.

1 Like

How would I put it because ever thing I try says i cant do it and I don’t know what im doing wrung!
I would like to have her walk behind it if I can if not then once she gets to that spot them move behind it!

Let’s say you have:

@YOU spot 1.000 X Y in zone 1 at layer 3

(Assuming you only have a chair and table overlay there and Alexandria is at layer 3 and the table at layer 2 and the chair at layer 0)

@YOU walks to spot 1.000 X Y in 2 AND YOU faces right THEN YOU walks to spot 1.000 X Y in 2 AND YOU faces right AND YOU moves to layer 1

(The first X Y is when she walks past the front of the table, the second X Y is for when she walks behind the table; and the YOU would be ALEXANDRIA)

In other words, to get her to walk in front of the table, she would need to be at a higher numbered layer;
and for behind the table. a lower numbered layer.

thank you so much

I don’t know I just did that one differently but it seams it don’t matter what I do I can’t get her to move in front of any of my overlays so I give up I’ll just have to leave big part of the story out and find away to make up for it later!

If you want, I could still try to help with a few more details :blush:

How many overlays are in that particular scene, just the table? Which zone is it at?
Does Alexandria start walking from zone 1 or zone 3? :thinking:

1 Like

I was going to use this because i just did something different for the other one! But I wanted to start this with her already standing there and then two people behind the overlay but I can not for the life of me get her in front of the overlay.

Its one Episode already has the build in overlay with the background!

Perfect! That’s all the information I need :blush:

INT. COURTROOM OL - DAY with INT. COURTROOM OL - DAY to 1.000 0 0 in zone 1 at layer 2

&ALEXANDRIA spot scale X Y in zone 1 at layer 3 AND ALEXANDRIA faces left
&P1 spot scale X Y in zone 1 at layer 1 AND P1 faces right
@P2 spot scale X Y in zone 1 at layer 0 AND P2 faces left

(P1 and P2 here will be those two other people you want behind it, where as Alexandria will be in front of it.)

1 Like

Thank you so much! Do you mind if I need help with this later down the road if I message you about it??