How To Put Overlay TV With Anything Inside It

Hi. I have been seeing/ reading other story where they have a overlay TV with people in it. For example, you have the overlay TV and you want to do a news reporter on it with the background with it. How do you do that? I don’t have the script written but if you have an example of a script, please let me know. Because I don’t know how to do that all.

You’d have to upload an overlay like this, where the television screen is transparent.

(credit to @episode.uwe on instagram)

And then use whatever background that’s on the television as the scenes background. You can scale and shift the overlay and zoom in an out to make it work the best. You would also have to scale your characters that are on the television so that they fit inside the TV – and layer them.

INT. BACKGROUND - DAY with OVERLAY at layer 3
@CHARACTER moves to layer 2
@CHARACTER moves to layer 1
#spot direct characters

Thank you so much and yes, of course. I will definitely to episode.uwe on instagram and in my story as well.

But let said you want to use this background that Episode got which is https://www.episodeinteractive.com/dcon/f1Ylf7QRjebg_tvcloseup_flat.jpg

All I need to do is what to have that background fit perfectly in the TV? I understand the character and what I need to do to move and scales the layer for the character to fit inside as well.

I tried out the code with that background you linked and the overlay by episode.uwe, and here’s the script that I think works the best:

INT. HOLLYWOOD NEWS ROOM NO OL - DAY with OVERLAY at layer 3
@zoom on 207 200 to 142% in 0

@overlay 6440731730903040_OVERLAY shifts to 44 20
@overlay 6440731730903040_OVERLAY scales to 0.838 0.838

@CHARACTER spot 0.650 108 238 AND CHARACTER faces right AND CHARACTER2 spot 0.650 174 235 AND CHARACTER2 faces left

@CHARACTER moves to layer 2
@CHARACTER2 moves to layer 1

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much again! I’m going to try it out :relaxed::slightly_smiling_face: