How to remember a customised haircut? (after coming back from a childhood memory)

Hello, everyone!

I seem to have got stuck due to a problem, so I wonder if anyone could kindly help me.

I offer full customisation for the MC and later I change her hair to Casual Braided Pigtails to tell about her childhood. However, I don’t know what type of haircut the reader has chosen, so when I go back to nowadays, the grown-up girl is left with the childish Braided Pigtails.

What should be done so that the grown-up version of the MC get her hair back, provided I don’t know which haircut the reader chooses? Do I have to go with the if command for every single haircut?

Any help or advice will be highly appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance!

:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

You would have to create duplicate character of the customized main character, and change the duplicate’s hairstyle to the pigtails and use that duplicate for the “childhood” scenes. Then just switch back to the main character.

I thought about that, but how do I create a duplicate if, again, I don’t know what features the reader has chosen?

Use the code:
@DUPLICATE becomes CHARACTER

Then just change the duplicate’s hair into the pigtails.

But if you already published your story after changing the hairstyle, then you’d have to give your readers a choice to “re-pick” their original hairstyle, because there is no other way to remember what they chose.

Thank you very much, I will try that!

Fortunately, I am working on a draft, so I can still polish the story!

Thank you very much, @Dara.Amarie, you are a life-saver!

Did this answer your question? :slight_smile:

Yes, it worked, thank you. You can close the thread :blush: