How to remember customisation choices?

Hi, I have a little coding problem. In my story I allowed the reader to customise the two main characters. Now I am writing the next chapter and I don’t know how to remember the choices… Is it possible to use if/elif/else for customisation? Pleaseeeee! I need help!

1 Like

On previewer it doesn’t remember the choices but don’t worry. Their customization doesn’t need it/else.

2 Likes

You don’t need to “remember” the customization. The customized characters will stay like that through out your entire story. If you’re using the web previewer, then the web previewer doesn’t remember things from previous episodes. Don’t worry though, this is just the web previewer. If you test your story in the app, you will see that the characters will stay customized.

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

Thank you! I thought I had to create a full template😅

If you mean actually remember which choices they made, for description and overlay purposes. Then you’d need to use gains and the if/elif… statements.

1 Like

Yes, my question was how to remember (in the next chapter) customisation choices they made in the last chapter (and if I have to use if/elif/else, so that the customisation stays the way the readers chose…)

You don’t need to do anything else after the customization template. Your characters will stay that way through out your whole story. The only times you would need to use if/elif/else is if you plan on using limb overlays with the chosen skin color, mentioning hair/eye colors in dialogue, ect…

1 Like

Ok, perfect! Thanks a thousand times!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.