How to remember Outift choice?

Hi guys!
I was just wondering if any of you writers know the best methods for remembering an outfit choice that can play into a later episode- I have used ‘gain’ before but some people have told me the outfit they chose doesn’t play into the next episode.
is there a different method I should be using?
thank you xoxo - B

One way to remember any choice, including clothing, is by using the "if, elif, else’ command.

examples

If you have three outfit options:

if (outfit1) {
@CHARACTER changes into outfit1
} elif (outfit2) {
@CHARACTER changes into outfit2
} else {
@CHARACTER changes into outfit3
}

If you have more than three outfits, keep adding the “elif” part in the middle. It chould look something like this:

if (outfit1) {
} elif (outfit2) {
} elif (outfit3) {
@CHARACTER changes into outfit3
} else {
@CHARACTER changes into outfit4
}

if you have 2 options, you only need to use if and else. Here’s what that should somewhat look like:

if (outfit1) {
} else {
}

Hope this helps! I’d recommend checking Dara Amarie’s website as it explains the command in more detail https://www.dara-amarie.com/

If you tap the link here, Dara explains how to create a dressing game using flags.

1 Like

You can use points. Make a new character called “Outfit” or something. For example, there are three 3 outfit options- outfit 1, outfit 2 and outfit 3. If the reader chooses outfit 1, they can gain a point. If they choose outfit 2, they can get two points. If it’s outfit 3, then 3 points. (To add points, you can do @CHARACTERNAME +number of points. Example : @OUTFIT +1)

And if you want to remember it in another chapter, you can use the if/elif/else. I would send a template but I’m on mobile.

Hope this helps and let me know if I should explain more :heart:

I’ve made a template for you -

This is for the actual outfit choice :

NARR
What do you want to wear?

choice
“Outfit 1” {

@NAME changes into outfit_one
@OUTFIT +1
}
“Outfit 2” {

@NAME changes into outfit_two
@OUTFIT +2
}
“Outfit 3” {
@NAME changes into outfit_three
@NAME +3
}

And now to remember it in another episode :

if (OUTFIT =1){
@NAME changes into outfit_one
} elif (OUTFIT=2){
@NAME changes into outfit_two
} elif (OUTFIT =3){
@NAME changes into outfit_three
}

Below are the instructions to use it. Please follow them correctly or your script will have errors :

• Replace all the “@NAME” with your character’s name.
  • Make a character called ‘OUTFIT’. This step is very important.
  • There are some outfits named as ‘outfit_one’ and ‘outfit_two’ and ‘outfit_three’. You should replace them with the outfits that you have made. Replace ‘outfit_one’ with your first outfit. Replace ‘outfit_two’ with your second outfit. Replace ‘outfit_three’ with your third outfit.
  • Character name must be in capital letters.

You cannot use this more than once. If you want to use it more than once, make new characters. And in each new time you use this, use a new character in place of ‘OUTFIT’. But for the first time you use it, you can use ‘OUTFIT’ itself. Since this way of remembering uses points, you can’t use the character called ‘OUTFIT’ more than once, or else the coding will be messed up. Let me know if there’s any confusion.

I hope this helps! :heart: I just made this script so if there are any errors, let me know :blush:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :tired_face: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

thank you!!! xxx :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You’re welcome! :heart: