DARA’S GUIDE: Remember Choices with if/elif/else

Reset your story state?

Hi so I’m having trouble remembering the outfit the character picked. It’s saying that I have to make sure I have a dialogue after a characters name. I’m honestly not sure if this set up is right anyways .

Is that where the error mesage takes you when you click on it?

Also, you need an ending bracket to end the else

Yes and I did but it just says the same thing

Click on the error message so it can take you where the error is at in the script.

Sorry i think I read that wrong. I fixed it ! Thanks for the help

I’m not getting it? There’s no error, but it completely skip over the scenes.

up1!

Deleted

1 Like

Did you used gains or naming choices?

2 Likes

If you’re using the choice name method, the format is (choice_name is “Option Name”)

2 Likes

So in my chapter I have a dressing game and the character picks an outfit. Later in the episode there is a flashback where I have changed their clothes. After the flashback it over I used the if/Elif/else method and it says it’s correct but when I read the chapter the outfit I picked is not the same as when the flashback is over. And I’m confused as to why that’s happening

Which method of if/elif/else are you using?

1 Like

I’m sorry I don’t follow ? What do you mean by which method

1 Like

Oh right . I used 1

Make sure that that the choice name matches exactly what you have for the if/elif, same goes with the option name.

If you’re option name is:

choice (choice_name)
This IS the OpTiOn Name!!!

Then what you have inside the quotes for if/elif needs to be exactly that:

if (choice_name is "This IS the OpTiOn Name!!!")

1 Like

Yeah I made sure they were all the same . Do you want me to send you a picture of both of them ?

1 Like

Yes please

You didn’t name your choice. You’re using the label instead which is not the correct way to do it.

1 Like

Could you like possibly give me an example or something? I’m kinda confused