How to split a scene

Hi there,

So I have a question about splitting screen. Say like I have 4 characters and it looks like they are skype calling and talking to each other… How do I get the screen to split in 4 scenes? HELP

1 Like

OMG i want to know that too… (not very helpful :crazy_face::joy:)

One option is to create your own (splitted) background.

1. First pick four backgrounds that you like.
  2. Use an edit app/website to crop the backgrounds like you want them.
  3. Wait for episode to approve your background.
  4. Type in each character into the background how you like it using spot directing.

I hope this helped a little at least! :relaxed:

1 Like

Hmm I’ll try that. Thanks ! Also how do I overlay the backgrounds so the characters don’t look as if they’re standing around or overlapping?

I don’t know how to make the overlay that way, but you can make the background split up in 4 straight lines (4 vertical lines)

1 Like

I think you would make a background that is split in half and spot direct your top two people up into it. Then you would have to create an overlay for the background of the bottom split, this way it will cover the legs of the people in the top two scenes, and make sure to move your bottom two people to a higher layer.

1 Like

How do I make an overlay? Is it a png file I save an overlay too if creating backgrounds from photoshop?

Yep! You can make a png. Then when you upload it, it’ll give you a chance to specify its default size and placement if you need to make any adjustments.

1 Like

Ohhh okay. So it’s like uploading the multiple background for the scene and then uploading it again for overlay

You could do it that way. The overlay would just be the bottom 2. So you could layer a half-size 2-split overlay over a full-sized 4-split bg OR a half-sized 2-split overlay over a full-sized 2-split bg. Either way, it covers the bottom half. If you do the 4-split for the background, it might just take a bit more precision getting the overlay into the right horizontal position so you don’t see a double of the bottom peaking out.

1 Like

ah ok. I’ll try that and see if it works. Thank you again though!

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.