HOW TO: Spotlight Format

It’s the same thing. If a character is customized, you still treat them like a character. So, you’d include them in your script using their script name along with other characters.

Example:

CHAR
Hey.

YOU
Hi.

CHAR is the character you made and YOU is the character the reader customized as well as named.

THANK YOU! :grinning:

NP :smile:

Hey.
Do you know why is it like that?
It looks like 1 character is texting, but they are 2 different.

%D1%8B%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B2

Hi there, if you scroll a little up and read through the comments, you’ll find your answer! :wink:

Answer right here (it’s above):

1 Like

I haven’t pay attention to this first. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Bump ^^

Bump :vampire:

A Cool peasant is bumping this thread, bump! :partying_face: Also just a reminder everybody :wink: :

(can read more above or expand this quote dudes :sparkles: )

Ha ha, cool trick I discovered (credit goes to @ Dara.Amarie for this):

For set format phonetext you can use @YOU left or @YOU right which will determine which sides of the screen the texts will show up.

By writing:
@YOU right
It means YOU’s texts will show on the right side, these are in blue.

Bu writing:
@YOU left
It means YOU’s texts will show on the left side, these are in white.

Wow, this is seriously so freaking epic, all you write is left or right for the character when it comes to texts (it’s error free) :black_heart:

Also, YOU is just the character’s name I used, it can be any name you wish-CHARACTER, RAVEN, TONY, JEM, ALEXANDRIA, ANNIEWAYS, AMBEROSE, NELIDA, MIDNIGHTMAIDEN, LANA, THEYCALLMETOASTY, etc. the list is endless :wink: :rose:

3 Likes

FOR SPOTLIGHT USERS:

set format phonetext

KEATON
Why won’t you respond?

KATHERINE
Because there is nothing left to say.

KEATON
There’s lot to be said.

KATHERINE
Please leave me alone.

set format spotlight

You cannot set format to cinematic! It has to be spotlight.

Yep, you’re so right :+1: :100:

1 Like

bump

Bump :balloon:

1 Like

Thank u, I almost clicked the checkmark lol, then this topic would be marked as solved and closed and i’d have to make it again probably :joy:

3 Likes

Bump

Bump :nerd_face:

Is there any specific coding for CC template for Spotlight? Since its a different format, characters tend to swipe out when the readers are choosing features. Is there a way to make them stay onscreen with each choice? Would you have to use ((character_stays)) under every option or…?

Yes. You do hahaha. I have one you can use. Do you need it for male, female or both?

2 Likes

Hi, thank you so much for responding. I need it for both, definitely. Would really appreciate it.:blush:

2 Likes