How to start my romance story

okay hi guys! I starting writing a romance story and I have my plan for it but I don’t know how to start it with an interesting cliffhanger? any ideas?

1 Like

Well for starters, what is your story about?

the MC moves somewhere else for college. it’s called “unopened memories,” considering the fact that she has a box that her brother gave her that she refuses to open.

1 Like

well not refuses, she just is scared because her brother is dead.

1 Like

Oouu :kissing:, OK so maybe you could start it off like this;

The MC is in her old bedroom packing the rest of her clothes etc, a few lines of dialogue then have the reader customize the MC (if you want ig) then she leaves the room and goes to say her goodbyes or whatever. Then have an opening scene of her lost on campus then a CHARACTER (who will be close to the MC later in the story, maybe her room mate) bumps into her making her drop a few of her things including the box. Then the CHARACTER grabs the box and starts to ask about it maybe even tried to open it but the MC gets angry and snatched the box away. But later apologizes and explains why she got angry… :slight_smile: Then CHARACTER shows her to her dorm room!

1 Like

that gave me a good idea! thank u!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.