How to take off early access

I accidentally published my new 3 episodes with early access. I really don’t want my readers to have to wait. Is there any way I can re-publish and remove the early access

2 Likes

Unfortunately, no. I asked a while back while it was still in beta some of the specifics.
Once you publish with early access, it cannot be removed.
If you publish more than one chapter with early access, it is compounded time. Meaning, after they finish the first chapter with early access, the reader must wait an additional 7 days to read the second chapter (unless they pay to unlock it.)
You can switch early access off between publishing (which is what I do). I publish one chapter without early access, then the second with early access. That way, those who read with early access are getting two chapters, and those who do not, are still getting a chapter per week.

4 Likes

Ohhh ok tysm!!

I have Episode makes it a feature for author’s to turn off early access.

1 Like

I don’t think they would, because once you publish with early access, anyone can read the story by using gems. By then removing the early access, you are cheating those who already read it using early access out of their gems.

2 Likes

True. What if it’s an accident though?

1 Like

Or what if they allow the author’s to set how many days the early access will be? Of course, there would be a limit.

1 Like

exactly! I put mine ono by accident, I had never seen the switch before so when it popped up on the menu that it will be freely availible later on I was very annoyed because I odn’t want my readers to have to wait when it comes to reading my stories. Mine was a complete accident and i really hoped i would be able to undo it

1 Like

Ooooh is this feature available for everybody? (sorry it just sounds really cool… it would give readers a scheduled episode release to wait for and give you more time to work on future episodes. :smiley: )

1 Like

I don’t understand how this works do you just write on the script early access and it automatically on?

1 Like

When you publish it gives you an option to add early access.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Oh ok it makes sense thank you luv

1 Like

I accidentally turn it on too. I wish I hadn’t, because I promised my readers that I would update my story once a week. Today was that day but now they have to wait six days.

2 Likes

Yeah that was the same as me! I said I would put an episode out every friday. I put out three as a treat bc they had been spreading the news of my story for me, nd they eneded up having to wait 16 days goshy

2 Likes