HOW TO: Transitions

Hey, I have a bit of a problem with a transition. So, my script looks like this:

@AUSTIN exits left

@transition shade up

EXT.POND WITH BRIDGE-DAY

@AMBER stands screen center

But when I preview the scene, the transition doesn’t appear. The only thing that appears is a simple black background between the two backgrounds instead of a transition. What should I do since I’ve been struggling for at least 10 minutes :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Have you tried testing it on mobile? Or on the Web Previewer only? Sometimes, both give you different results

1 Like

Hey, just tested it on mobile and it worked!!! Sorry if I bothered you :blush:

1 Like

It’s fine, I love helping people :smiley:

1 Like

Bump :sunny:

1 Like

this was a lifesaver 4 me tttyyssmm!!!1111

1 Like

:grin:OML thx finnally found a good explained example.

1 Like

Bump <3

1 Like

hey! thank you so much <3

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Bump, should color code this btw.

1 Like

Bump! :cupid:

BTW check out how the transitions look:

Click HERE :cupcake:

Didn’t think of posting this but @ Apes had this on another thread so I decided to include it as well (i was inspired to put it in, thanks for the idea, u rock, u directing hero) ^^

2 Likes

I have a question (but not quite sure if its is really transitions related)

I wanted to add a prop to a character and the transition in to the scene with the prop. But the editor tells me if I want to add a prop, I have to use @ and cannot use &. So it doesn’t fade in smoothly. Does anyone have a solution for that?

1 Like

Have you tried & for all commands above but under the background (new scene), then @ for the prop and then @ for the transition (they can’t skipped). Atm i can’t test it but it’s worth a try (& can’t be used for props or transitions). Test it out on the mobile previewer.

And sorry i would have responded sooner but for some reason I missed your notification which is strange :thinking:

1 Like

A Super Cool Bump That Will Leave You in Awe :nerd_face::cupid:

2 Likes

Bump

1 Like

Bump :sunny:

1 Like

Bump :blob_sun:

1 Like

Bump :cake:

2 Likes

Bump :black_heart: :disco: