HOW TO: Transitions

Bump #positivevibes :sparkles:

2 Likes

Bump :chipmunk:

1 Like

Bump :doughnut:

1 Like

I have a scene where there are a lot of things happening before I want to transition.
When I wrote down the codes and spots for the character and the car, it was clear and no transition, then I added the transition and it was clear, THEN transitioned.
Also, when I added the transition FIRST the character and car weren’t there. I want the car and character to be there before the transition.
I’ve done this before with just characters and it’s worked fine, but the car needs time and I can’t just “spot” it in like characters.
I’m having some trouble and I just want it to be smooth. Is there anyway to do that?

You’d use & to place all characters and overlays (including adding “in 0” seconds to the commands) before the transition (or add overlay to background name). If it’s still showing up not how you want it on the app, may you post your code here?

Yes, of course. Allow me to post a screenshot so it’s easiest.
(This is before changing “@” to “&”)

Screenshot_2021-08-03 Ignorance is Bliss Episode 1

I didn’t know you could use “&” until last night, so not much of my story uses “&” yet, but I hope using it is easier.

EXT. CITY STREET - NIGHT with CAR SIDE LIMO to 1.000 0 0 in zone 1 at layer 4
&BRIAR spot 0.755 50 215 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND BRIAR is idle_awkward_uneasy_loop
&DRIVER spot 1.280 160 0 in zone 1 at layer 2
@transition fade in black 1.0

#Here’s an example code, you can put the scales to and shifts to commands with the background name (so scale number once and then the shift numbers, totaling 3 numbers). It’s best to add layers when placing characters and overlays. And it’s also best to give a direction a character is facing.

Example:

&BRIAR spot 0.755 50 215 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND BRIAR faces left AND BRIAR is idle_awkward_uneasy_loop

Use & when placing everything before the transition, always. @ takes up beats if the command isn’t zero second (ex. @zoom reset = &zoom reset) lasting while & doesn’t.

That is so helpful! Thank you for the information.

1 Like

Np, this explains the difference between @ and &

1 Like

Bump

This is very helpful, thank you! :blush:

tq

Bump!

Bump :heart:

bump

Bump :rainbow:

bump :gift:

Bump :rainbow: