How to undo dressing choice?

I have a dressing game in my story but i want the character wear that choice later. I know how to remember choices but i want my character change into old outfit which was also made by choice in pervious chapter. Is that even possible? I simply wanna undo the choice of clothing and return to previous one but i can’t just do it by making MC wear what ever i want.

Thank you.

You can use gains. Do you know how they work?

Yes but do they work from chapter to chaper? For example my MC chooses clothes that they wear in chapter 4 and now in chaper 5 i have the dressing game i was talking about. I want my character wear chapter 4 outfit which MC also choosed by choice.

Well once your character gains something, they’ll “carry” it through all the story, so yes.

You need to make the dressing choice in chapter four something like this:

label choose_outfit
NARRATOR
What do you want to wear?

choice "option 1" {
@CHARACTER changes into option 1

NARRATOR
Is this what you want to wear?

choice "Yes."
gain otufit_1
} "Let me see the other options." {
goto choose_outfit
} 
} "option 2" {
@CHARACTER changes into option 2

NARRATOR
Is this what you want to wear?

choice "Yes."
gain otufit_2
} "Let me see the other options." {
goto choose_outfit
} 
}

Then in chapter five when you want the character to change back into the outfit from chapter four:

if (outfit_1) {
@CHARACTER changes into outfit 1
} elif (outfit_2) {
@CHARACTER changes into outfit 2
}
etc.

Remember not to make the character gain the same thing again though, because as I already said gains are remembered through all the story

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Somehow this is not working… i used my own ganing code that works but not for previous capters.

when you’re the author you cannot see if it work or not i reccomend you to use your phone/tablet to review your story
see if it worked

I did and it did not work. I even started from be the beginning.

Hmm, that’s odd. It should work, read through this thread if you haven’t already:

Remembering Choices

I hope you can find your answers there! :yellow_heart:

I changed all elif’s to if. So then it worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.