How to use 2 musics at the same time?

Hi everybody. I’m currently working on a breakup scene on a rainy day, and I want the sound of rain and emotional music playing at the same time in this scene. I tried a couple of things but it seems that I can’t find what i was looking for.

At first I tried music-music:

music ambient_thunderstorm_lp
@pause for a beat
music music_emotionalstringpop

However, when I used this code, I couldn’t make them play at the same time. Then I tried the sound-music combination:

sound ambient_thunderstorm_lp
@pause for a beat
music music_emotionalstringpop

Unfortunately, when I used this one the rain sound stopped after a while and only the emotional music continued to play. And then I tried this:

music ambient_thunderstorm_lp
@pause for a beat
sound music_emotionalstringpop

Here the emotional music stopped after a while and the sound of rain continued.

It seems I couldn’t make them play together long enough, always the one I used the sound code stops after a while. I tried to find a solution but unfortunately I couldn’t find any. Is there a way to keep both playing at the same time until the scene is over?

1 Like

you cannot use two music commands at the same time

Only one looping sound can be playing at a time. If there are two music commands in a row, the later one will cancel out the previous.

3 Likes

Thank you :green_heart: I must have missed the line " Only one looping sound can be playing at a time." while reading.

2 Likes

Moved to Directing Help and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.