HOW TO: Weather Effects

OK, here’s an example I gave someone on another thread and I hope it helps:

EXT. BACKGROUND - DAY with effect HARD RAIN

NARR
Bla bla bla, whole scene goes here.

EXT. BACKGROUND - DAY

NARR
Scene goes here where it’s not raining anymore.

(So, basically, to turn off a weather effect, you will need to re-write your background without the effect on it, and re-place all of your characters into the scene).-a quote of mine

We can’t layer weather effects unfortunately like we can with overlays but maybe someday :wink:

Here’s a picture regarding this:

Just remember that “If that background has other overlays applied to it, the weather must come at the very end” - quote from the Episode guides.

Anyways, moving on! :black_heart:

The weather effects can be found on the right side your script on Writer’s Portal under Weather Effects and it looks like this:

And that’s all for now :smile:

P.S feel free to check out these:

1. A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS

2. How To: Add Weather Effect With Overlay

3. HOW TO: Stage Direction

4. HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

And more stuff can be found here:

Thank you for checking this out, I tried to make it simple as possible, so sorry if it got a little repetitive! :vampire: :facepunch:

Good day/night/afternoon/evening to you :smiling_imp:

25 Likes

Bump!!!

Bump :kissing_closed_eyes:

Bump

Bump :stopwatch:

Bump :blob_sun:

Bump :sweat_drops:

Bump :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

Bump :crazy_face:

Bump :hibiscus:

My IG post on weather effects:

Bump :snowflake:

Bump :guitar:

1 Like

It would be:

NOT:

So, it’s just effect + the weather effect’s name (they are listed in the 1st post)

Putting it here so I can link it or something, also I’m feeling much better after re-charging by sleeping but brain is still pretty mushy and lack of sleep these days haven’t been helping :joy:

Bump

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.