How to write a Muslim MC [help needed]

Hello everyone!
I am going to make my MC Muslim. I don’t know much about being Muslim, so please inform me! Any information is helpful!

Thank you!

Tag: @lanafrazer_episode

12 Likes

@Zey

2 Likes

I have a friend whose Muslim but that’s about it lol

2 Likes

I can help you if you want. One of my closest friend is a Muslim. Also by her, I found many answers which has been bugging me.
(You can pm me if you want)

4 Likes

I’d love to hear the information.

2 Likes

this might help

How-To Guide: Making and Adding Muslim Characters - Community / Episode Fan Community - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

5 Likes

Hi! I’m Muslim! What do you need help with?

3 Likes

Hi! It’s so good that you’re bringing diversity into the platform, thank you for that :pray:t6:
I’m a Muslim community author and I’d love to help :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Anything you can tell me is helpful!

Thank you! I’m glad you appreciate it!

Awesome! Thank you! I can use all the help I can get!

2 Likes

It totally depends on your character! Is it a boy or a girl? How religious are they? Do they follow a particular sect (you can be sunni or shia or they can identify as neither!)?

3 Likes

Female character.

I would say there are pretty religious but it doesn’t consume their entire life.

I have no idea what that is. Sorry. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m a Muslim too,
you can pm if you have any Questions!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll be sure to do that soon!

2 Likes

you can DM me on my insta @Zemerald.writes. I’ll gladly answer any questions you have. :blush:

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t think have Instagram.

That’s okay, what kind of questions do you have?

1 Like

Being a police officer is a job that requires commitment and the knowledge of rules and boundaries, protecting individuals and all that, so it’s the same to everyone on the profession, it has nothing to do with religion if that’s what you mean.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks. I just wanted to make sure her religion was not really connected with the job. Thank you so much for clearing that up.

1 Like

No problem.

1 Like

Things that you need to put in consideration since you’re not Muslim yourself are:
The way she dresses outside her profession knowing that there’s a uniform for that.
Her behavior, her principles…etc
Her background if you’re choosing a specific one, ie. her culuture, origins…etc
All what concerns cultural appropriation is a must when writing any story.

2 Likes