How to zoom and pan at the same time

so i want to show only my character’s ankle to feet area while she runs. how do i zoom on the ankle and feet part of her while shes run and i want it to pan to another zone as well. when i try to zoom and pan, the pan gets stuck on the first zone but when i remove the zoom the pan works. sorry if that was confusing

2 Likes

i tried. it pans for a bit and then stops. this is what i typed:

&ATHENA spot 0.632 181 162 in zone 1 AND ATHENA faces right AND ATHENA walks to screen center in zone 3 AND ATHENA is run_cry_embarrassed_loop
&zoom on 186 0 to 538% in 0
&pan to zone 3 in 5

1 Like

i tried to change it to 10 and it still stops at the same place. i want it to pan to zone 3 but it stops near the end of zone 1

1 Like

1 Like

i used a background from someone but i dont think i can share it, u can probably just use
INT. CASTLE BALLROOM - NIGHT

1 Like

sure,

INT. BALLROOM LOBBY - NIGHT

@cut to zone 1

@zoom on 174 123 to 269% in 0

@pause for a beat

&zoom on 251 189 to 401% in 2

NARRATOR (ATHENA)
Do you ever feel like you f*cked up so bad?

@pause for a beat

NARRATOR (ATHENA)
The night was going so well, I actually felt at ease for the first time in ages.

&zoom on 291 0 to 401% in 3.5

NARRATOR (ATHENA)
How does someone you don't even know make you feel like that?

@pause for 0.5

&zoom on 320 297 to 401% in 3.5

NARRATOR (ATHENA)
Maybe I'm going crazy from all the champagne, but all I know is that I | bold | need | reset | to get out of this place right now.

@zoom reset

&ATHENA spot 0.632 181 162 in zone 1 AND ATHENA faces right AND ATHENA walks to screen center in zone 3 AND ATHENA is run_cry_embarrassed_loop
&pan to zone 3 in 10

1 Like

Maybe try to break up the command? Like:
@ATHENA spot 0.632 181 162 in zone 1 AND ATHENA faces right
&ATHENA walks to screen center in zone 3 in 10 AND ATHENA does it while run_cry_embarrassed_loop
&pan to zone 3 in 10

It might help to spot direct instead of writing screen center, as well.

1 Like

just tried putting that into my script, it doesn’t seem to work. the pan still stops and doesn’t fully complete

There should be a @ for the pan command.

I presume that there’s another pan/zoom command that’s overriding your current one.

Are you getting any errors?

i dont think there is any overriding because once i take the zoom out, the pan works but once i put the zoom back in the pan stops working

no, im not getting any errors

Just rearrange the code until it works, try:

@zoom on 186 0 to 538% in 0
&ATHENA walks to screen center in zone 3 in 10 AND ATHENA does it while run_cry_embarrassed_loop
&pan to zone 3 in 10

or

@zoom on 186 0 to 538% in 0
&pan to zone 3 in 10

Is there any code after the pan?

no there isnt a code after the pan

i just tried those, the pan still stopped. ive tried multiple code rearrangements but the pan only seems to work when i remove the zoom. in general, how would you script the scene im trying to do? like where they run and its zoomed into their feet while it pans

I would say that the easiest thing to do would be have the scene already zoomed into their feed instead of trying to zoom while they’re running. I’ll put it into my script and play with it now.

okay, thank you! let me know if you figure anything out. if it comes down to just starting the scene where its zoomed into their feet then that’s fine

I adjusted the numbers a bit for visibility, but I found your solution. Essentially, zooming is zone specific so you were asking it to zoom on a spot in zone 1 while also asking it to pan to zone 3.

Find the place you want to zoom to in zone 3 and code it like this:

INT. CASTLE BALLROOM - NIGHT
@zoom on 184 10 to 501% in 0
@ATHENA spot 0.9 181 162 in zone 1 AND ATHENA faces right
&pan to zone 3 in 7
&ATHENA walks to spot .9 181 162 in zone 3 in 8 AND ATHENA does it while run_cry_embarrassed_loop
@zoom on 830 5 to 369% in 7

1 Like

omg yess it works!! thank you so much :slight_smile: