How Were You Punished As A Child? *Story Time*

Well, parents is not supposed to yell at their kids. That would be child abuse, second, how did you learn never to do bad things without getting punished? Punishment helps most of the time because it lets the kid reflect on why that is not okay. It’s what my parents did. They punished me at different levels depending on how wrong or how I acted in a way that was bad.

my mom did rarely yell at me. and trust me when she did i deserve it

i was told not to do stuff. experience and examples. i am autistics so can say i was not an easy kid. but my mom could handle me. she did everything she could to be a positive influence in my life. i dont think i learn the meaning of concecivne but i did learn to see the difference between right and wrong. my mom may not have the same respect as most parents. but she does have my trust i never lied i never kept secrets.

A shoe would be thrown at my head.
I would have my electronics taken away.
Yelled at.

1 Like

Genius!

Why would a parent throw a shoe over your head? That’s unfair, the yelling, sort of unfair, now electronic, 100% fair! Shows people electronic isn’t the answer to everything.

2 Likes

I really don’t Know. But when she did it I was taught a lesson.

2 Likes

Well, there is more than one way to be a parent. My mom was very strict about appropriate behaviors. Even my age when it came to watching something or etc.

My mom didn’t beat me often, she never did it unless it was deserved and I knew for sure what the reason was.

WHEN she did beat me it started with the standard belt, but after a while the belt stopped hurting so she upgraded to the wooden broom, but when we moved she couldn’t find any wooden brooms so she upgraded to the cheap metal brooms. But I haven’t been beat in years :joy:

1 Like

I was never really beat a lot until I got older and they realized belts didn’t work but I used to have to stand in the corner with my arms out with phone books in my hands and would be made to stand there longer if I dropped them.

1 Like

Sometimes parents get mad. My mom would spank me a bit, and once she was getting ready to spank me but I moved and she accidently hit my face. :expressionless: But I know my mom didn’t mean it. And, my dad lives across the country, (long story) and my stepdad left me when I was 10. So sometimes my mom has trouble with me. But I didn’t get in trouble for bad things really. I don’t get in trouble much, but when I was little it was stuff like: Eat all the candy, mess up my mom’s closset while playing dress up :stuck_out_tongue:. But I just got waaaaaaaaay off topic.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s your place to say what a parent is and is not supposed to do. Also, yelling isn’t child abuse…

I guess it depends on what the parents say. If their words are vile and full of hatred, then it might be classified as verbal abuse. Verbal abuse has a bigger impact than physical abuse on one’s mind and emotions, usually. That’s why we always tell ourselves “think before you say something. Words are powerful.”

7 Likes

yes, I agree, however since this thread is about punishment I put it in that context. e.g… “why did you do that? don’t do that again!” Sometimes yelling can be classified as verbal abuse, but mostly it isn’t.

1 Like

Ah. Okay, my parents only yelled at me if I was in serious trouble.

Getting yelled at, insulted and/or beaten.

1 Like

Insulted! I feel so bad for you! I was only sometimes insulted if I was in Evil trouble! Like if I kept doing the same things too many time.:sob::sob:

1 Like

Oh man, that sucks : /

Yeah, I remember I would get beat up a lot when I was kid (NOT by my parents but someone else who was close to me and who I’m not going to mention). I remember one time I had my head smacked into the wall and it hurt a lot :dizzy_face: I was even bleeding once :upside_down_face: But then again, I was a very rebellious person, I even ran away from home once :thinking: Anyways, my parents are awesome. My dad has never laid a hand on me and he’s really kind and my mom hasn’t hit me-she’s really kind as well :joy: We’re really close now :smile: Also, good riddance to Childhood I say, it’s over with, thank god, I disliked it!

Also, please do not show me sympathy/empathy/or any kind of pity, am just sharing my story ^^

3 Likes

One time I got a wooden mixer thrown at my head. I have a scar from it

1 Like

I’ve thought of running away from home. Seems like a great plan.

2 Likes

It’s ok.

1 Like