How would you pay someone for art?

Im not asking because I need it Im asking because I see so many people saying that some artists arent free on here… So how would you pay someone for art its not like you can give it to them personally all of the time… I mean… what if the person doesn’t have a bank account?
It just feels kind of unrealistic to me… Anyone who has gotten paid for their artwork tell me how does it work!!!

4 Likes

I’m curious as well!

IK RIGHT! Im under 18 and I write stories and im sure a bunch of other people my age write stories as well

I assume they use PayPal, Venmo, or something similar like most people who accept commissions. People asking for payment will have some form of bank account to accept the payment.

Artists often charge for their work since it IS work, and their skill and time are deserving of payment. Especially if it’s something they also do professionally.

Unfortunately this does mean someone without a bank account or proper income may find it difficult to commission, but there are still a lot of artists doing work for free on this site, too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Simple: You transfer the money to their bank account.

You don’t pay for an artist’s work, you pay for their time.

3 Likes

I assume they use PayPal, Venmo, or something similar like most people who accept commissions. People asking for payment will have some form of bank account to accept the payment.

Artists often charge for their work since it IS work, and their skill and time are deserving of payment. Especially if it’s something they also do professionally.

This. Unless you know the artist personally and have access to meeting them in person, there’s essentially no way you can pay for their time and work if you or they don’t have a bank account, unless you do like an art trade or something that they agree to. :woman_shrugging:t6:

4 Likes

I’ve commissioned art a few times, and all the artists I’ve worked with use PayPal. Some will give you a sketch of the art before you pay, but some people have had problems doing that so they’ll ask for payment straight away. I wouldn’t recommend commissioning art until you turn 18, though. Because if you use a parents account it could cause problems for the artist. :wink:

2 Likes

As someone who has done free art (still do occasionally) and also commissions I agree with @LillyR best not to do until 18 :grin:
But yeah, I take PayPal payments the same as many/most(?) My rule at the moment is I acce0t the order, make an outline then send a watermarked copy of the outline for approval and accept half the payment once that has gone through I continue with the piece. When it is finished, I then send a copy of that, accept the final half before emailing that piece to the person who ordered it :grinning:
If you didn’t have a bank account I wouldn’t have thought it possible to carry out the transaction, obviously unless you have access to the artist themselves.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.