How would you respond to "Whats your sexuality or gender"?

This question is more so directed to the LGBT community.

CONTEXT: So I am non-binary and for now use the term queer to define my sexuality. People tend to look at me and can’t tell what my gender is so they ask and once I explain they pull out the derogatory terms and religion. Same goes for my sexuality.

That being said I don’t always want to sit there and argue with some stranger about my personal life. So that leads to my question.

If someone asks you what your sexuality or gender is and you don’t want to respond what can you say?

Be as rude or as kind, as sarcastic or as straight forward as you want with your answers!

Do not drag anyone down here!!!

What I normally say

“Why are you asking? Are you interested in me?”
If they say no then I just continue with . . .
“Then why should you care? I didn’t know you were that intrigued about me. Awe so sweet!”
If they said yes sarcastically I typically say . . .
“Awe that’s such a shame because you are definitely not my type. Sorry for rejecting you honey!”
They stop asking realllll fast.

If they ask my gender I make sure to let them know my preferred name and pronouns though.

4 Likes

“Mind your business or why does it matter?”

2 Likes

“If I told you I’m attracted to rocks would you believe me.”

4 Likes

I love that! :joy:

1 Like

I’m bisexual, and when people ask, some even say that I don’t seem that way. Like wha? What does that mean¿

2 Likes

People are crazy sometimes. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

“No.”

Technically I wouldn’t be lying.

Works for asexual, aromantic, and agender folks.

4 Likes

When asked about sexuality:
“I’m (insert sexual orientation here), but only on Tuesdays”
“Do you… do you need to know?”
“OH GOD EVERYBODY! OH BOY! OH DAMM! SHE ASKED THE BIG QUESTION EVERYBODY! (proceed to walk away slowly)”
“Is that your way of asking if I’m single? Sorry you’re not my type”
“Why? Are you recruiting?”

I personally don’t have an issue with the gender question however, ideas:
“Depends, which one will make you leave faster?”
“I think you need an eye exam”
“Ain’t no such thing as gender in hell babayyyyy :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I think I might have to use some of those. Definitely using these . . .

1 Like

Ayyyyy let me know how it goes

1 Like

I will. :see_no_evil: :joy:

1 Like

“That’s classified information. Can I see your ID?”
“Venmo me $10 and find out.”
“15 tubs of hummus in a trench coat.”
“Wait. You can see me?”
“Cool.” - very short and dismissive. I like it.

I guess it also depends on the context. If someone I’m going to have to work with or something asks me about my gender / sexuality, I probably still won’t tell them but just give them the correct name and pronouns. If someone at the bus stop asks me? Mind your own business, mate. Lol

5 Likes

Most questions like that aren’t ill-intended, and you can usually tell. If it seems like it is, make a joke and don’t bother answering. If it’s kind curiosity, I’ll just answer “I’m in the asexual spectrum. Why are you curious?” And if they start connecting that to religion, I’ll briefly explain what I think. It just depends on your personality.

2 Likes

Hm, guess my response was a little TOO rude :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I guess so. If it counts for anything I think its a great way to respond, especially to rude people.

1 Like

I would ask why and then just tell that I’m a bisexual girl :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.