I am Heartbroken and in Tears

Tbh if they don’t republish it, I’d be up for reading it on YouTube, too.

@ZADDY do you think you could record the episode through the creators part and upload it to YouTube or insta? I’d still love to read it if they’re stupid

4 Likes

That’s actually a really good idea! I never thought of that!

1 Like

Actually, there will be some navigation, memory and other bars. You cannot remove them unless you’re reading it when it’s published

You wouldn’t get any reads on Episode, but your story could live on and hopefully we can get you some awareness and traffic for your writing

2 Likes

There’s a way to get rid of those too when you’re reading as a creator: hide debug elements

1 Like

Hey @ZADDY I’m terribly sorry you have to go through this : (

My friend recently got warnings for her story saying that the characters were naked and that if she didn’t put clothes on them, her story would be banned.

Well, she took matters into her own hands and talked to them.

It turns out it was a CLOTHING GLITCH

Her whole story almost got taken down because of a clothing glitch that Episode is experiencing!

You’re right when you say they don’t look at the story carefully and instead, regard only the surface of it.

I seriously hope the whole reviewing process improves and becomes more fair!

Anyways, I hope you get your story back : )

17 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to ask me if there are any questions. :wink:

Funny now my story has been removed for the 2nd time. :unamused:

3 Likes

I’m sorry for what you have to go through… I never read your story but I’m sure it’s really good. But hearing what’s happening to you, made me feel a little bit worried. If your story got removed just because you had an inspiration from a story… I feel like this can happen to other authors as well. I’m about to publish my story real soon and I got inspired by the plot of a certain tv show, and now I feel like this can happen to me :frowning:

3 Likes

Hopefully now their reviewing process has changed, this won’t happen again!

2 Likes

That is really unfair. Surprised that they haven’t taken down my stories yet…

5 Likes

LOL that happened to me before! I was like O.O OMG! WTF??? I did all sorts of nonsense that day. Took me hours to get it to appear correct. XD

I didn’t do anything special. Just removed one piece, checked it in the previewer. Then the other two pieces were there. I was like O.O So when I put it back, all of them were gone again. It was kinda humorous, but like…wtf XDXDXD

I changed the outfit completely to something I know was working because of other characters in the scene. No problems. So then I put the clothes back on, and it was peachy. XD

That’s terrible! I really hope Episode can fix this. Your branching is impressive, and it’s obvious that you’ve put your entire heart and soul into this story. I haven’t read it, but I definitely will if it gets restored.

2 Likes

Tbh I love the Galileo School story, but if we’re not allowed to copy ideas, surely that infringes on Harry Potter. It’s funny how Episode is so inconsistent about how it applies this kind of ridiculous rule.

5 Likes

:clap:

1 Like

This is really unfair… I can’t imagine the frustration and heartbreak you are going through now… I hope they respond and handle it with actual maturity. We, the Episode writers community are all here for you xx
Tbh I’ve been annoyed with the Episode higher power people quite a bit recently… for their featured stories, they rip off other people’s ideas, turn it into cliches, add Episode’s personal touch of naked men and pregnancies, feature it and shove actually good, unique stories with depth, to the side, then take out diversity, and done, haha, what a great story… And now this? Taking down a story that a writer has poured their soul into? How is that right?
I got up to episode 2 of Not to Hot, and I thought it was so unique and well-written and full of depth… it was distantly inspired by Lookism - so what? A lot of the stories on Episode are “inspired” worse. They just made a terrible assumption and took down a masterpiece.

4 Likes

One of Joseph Evans’s story, i forgot the name was also inspired by Harry Potter and his story got feautured in the feautured section. Its not fair :frowning:

4 Likes

Hey if they think the art style is so similar to lookism and according to them, it goes against the rules, why would they approve the backgrounds in the first place?
And seriously no warning or whatsoever?

6 Likes

I guess it depends on how they feel if it is a violation or not. My story was removed 2wice and they stated because it was based on excessive violence even though they allow it but the ideas of the story cannot be based on that. I get it but then I think. Ok, there is a story that has millions of views and the story is based on a girl being kidnapped and tortured and raped. Plus the author makes a scene that rapist also had sex with his mother. Even though it does not show it but it indicates it. And that story is still on. So I guess it depends on the person who is investigating the story.
I understand they are looking out for the episodes app also 13 years old who read stories
But feel every person should get the chance to correct and also explain in what scene was a violation so the author can correct. Even though they say no we remove because it was no way to fix. There is a way to fix if the authors know exactly where was the screw-up.
Just my opinion.

6 Likes

It matters. Were you too descriptive? Did you give any trigger warnings? Did you show too much? Because that matters. Like the story Envy it gives you trigger warnings and don’t really show or are too descriptive over the topic. It’s a sensitive thing to talk about,

2 Likes