I am in bad mode because of fanfics on episode

so people may not know but fanfics is against the rules of episode. and there is a lot of them. and they are popular.

It makes me kinda angry when a story who suck gets popular just because it is a fanfic. which i repeat is against the rule.

and i mean it when i say they suck. first they are made on mobile. second, one i looked had boxes there said insert text. that story had over 4000 reads. because it is a fanfic that is not fair

I do not complain over stories there suck which there own plot. i know its hard to write and script.

I have reported a lot of this fanfics because they are against the guidelines. but it doesn’t look like episode do anything about them

I am not doing anything wrong by reporting these stories. but still what is your opinion on all of this

this is what is written in the guide lines

In addition, by publishing your story, you agree that it does not include any content that infringes the intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy of any third party. This may include using any of the following without permission:

• any works of authorship of other parties, including excerpts or passages taken from literary works, video games, television or film;
  • any trademarks or references to corporate or business names; or
  • any references to real persons or places.
3 Likes

I think it depends on whether or not it’s an actual fan-fiction story or if the story is “inspired” by another character or story.

Based on that, are you sure that the stories are actual fan-fiction??

1 Like

some of them is not even fanfic they litarraly just wrote the story. and stil using the story is against the rule

it is alright to write the mc is a potterheard. but it is against the rules to write story where she goes to hogwarts and meet harry potter

there is also storyies revoling around one direction. you are not even allowed to make famouse people in episode. (note the featured stories made by episode they have pay and made contracts in order to do so)

2 Likes

I see… Yeah… that is against the rules then. You reported them, so I’m sure it will be dealt with as soon as they can. Personally, I wouldn’t get upset over it. :slight_smile: Lot’ of people do things they shouldn’t, but as long as we do what is right, then we can be happy in knowing we did the right thing, ya know?

2 Likes

I get what you mean to some extent.

Some people will only read that story because of the celebrity, or whoever the fanfic features/is about.

In addition, I also wonder how stories with bad plots, grammar or directing do so well, but each to their own.

However, don’t work yourself up over it. A majority piece of advice, as a content creator, your content won’t appeal to everyone. And that’s okay. But don’t forget those of us who will love your creativity and originality.

1 Like

I was just talking about this with a few other people and sharing screenshots of stories which literally have “fanfic” or “based on _____” in the description lol. You should DM @Tyler with any that you find.

4 Likes

^ similar to what’s been said above, I’ve noticed an increase of fanfictions. I even had a reader tell me about her Harry-Potter fic which she was about to publish… and I had to break the news to her >.<

2 Likes

I would just spam him cause they are so easy to find

You could put a list together and then send them all in one message :rofl:

4 Likes

I could just screen shot them

1 Like

I’m not surprised by anything. 1-2 weeks ago, I found a story that was a copy of a Chapters’ story. :roll_eyes: Even the characters’ names were the same and the title and the synopsis… And even the main guy looked similar. And it was coded in Spotlight format - like in Chapters. :,D Even though I reported it, it’s still there. ><

3 Likes

Episode is kinda bad at doing something about their own rules.

Though they do also break a lot of their own

1 Like

Report it to Tyler. That might be quicker :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Every message report I send to Tyler is something along the lines of “Hope you like Gossip Girl,” or “Hope you like Riverdale”. He probably hates me by now :upside_down_face:

5 Likes