I am in need of I guess advice…?

Hi guys.
So some of you know that I’ve been questioning my sexuality lately. I’ve been thinking about discussing it with my mom only for now. I wanna know how some of you did it. Or at least how you think I should cause I don’t know how to start the conversation since it’s a big thing. But, then I feel like my mom would think I’m being dramatic or over reacting about it.

What do y’all think I should do?

17 Likes

I wouldn’t call it romance advice…
but i do know where your coming from i would say be sure or they will definitely think you were being “Dramatic”
and honestly my coming out wasn’t good or on my choice so i dont really know the best ways to do it. But i do know that it takes time and if they truly care they will still love you

4 Likes

I think I’m in my head too much. Cause I kinda know I’m not just straight cause I find some girls attractive too. But then I’ve never had a crush or felt sexually attracted to someone.

I’m sorry, I’m mostly using this to vent and get some advice on what I should do.

6 Likes

Its okay
I mean are you okay with dating a girl could you image your self with a girl
if yes then thats a sure answer if i dont know then i think you should think about it more and not take action because this is a big desicion

2 Likes

I just straight-up told my parents. No drama or anything, just “by the way, I’m bi.” Didn’t realize they would scream at me lol. They mostly just thought I was faking it for attention. Then I dated a girl and they accepted it. Now they know I’m anything between sorta straight and raging lesbian at any given moment lol.

Best course of action is to just tell them. Don’t beat around the bush, be direct. Hope this helps. You’re mom loves you :relaxed:

8 Likes

Depends on your relationship with her! For me, my mom and I are very close. And I already knew her views on LGBT were very open minded so I was not very afraid.

Anyway, coming out story for anyone who feels like reading:
My mom and I were in the car together, having a heart to heart and I guess she noticed I seemed upset about something in my phone. She asked what was wrong and I told her I had a crush on my best friend, but I was afraid to ruin our friendship by telling her. She asked me who it was, and I told her.
I had never mentioned I liked girls but she always knew and just didn’t care. So when I told her I liked my best friend (let’s call her Cindy), she didn’t even bat an eye.
She was so supportive about me “coming out”, and told me Cindy was like a second daughter to her and that she loved her.
So, yeah. She was really supportive of my sexuality from then on, and we have had many talks since about how I used to have a very hard time accepting myself for who I was.

I hope you find yourself and your sexuality, and I hope when you feel you are ready to share that part of yourself with others you are loved and accepted. :heart: and for anyone who maybe came out and was not accepted by their friends and family, I’m your friend now and I love you. :smile_cat:

4 Likes

i sort of accidentally outed myself when i was around 10? i basically told my mom that i wanted to be a husband because then i can marry a woman… without actually being a man??

i mean, she knew from there, and most parents know, but i just brought my first girlfriend home to eat dinner with my parents and told them. didn’t go over well with dad, but i can’t live a life where i’m not being me… you know?

8 Likes

Yes, I am ok with that. But I’ve never had the interest to. Which I think is just my age to not wanna date.

I know that’s the best way but I’m not good at talking. I can write though?? Do you think I can write a letter for her?

We are also close, but I’ve been staying away a little more, like more private. Mainly cause I want some time to think about who I am and not want it to slip in front of her.

I just feel like she’ll understand, but think I’m worrying too much or worrying about nothing.

5 Likes

Honestly, I don’t know.
Every parent is different, like my parents for example… my mom doesn’t understand nor like anything to do with LGBTQ+ and she’d be disappointed in me if she knew I was apart of the community. She’d also be incredibly disappointed, perhaps even horrified if I’d been anything other than straight [cough]. My dad, well, he’s more accepting in some ways, but he doesn’t understand it at all and there have a been a few times that he brushed me off and offended me without thinking he was offending me.

I’ve decided it’s the best choice for me to not delve into it with either of them because I know the outcome isn’t going to be that great and there will never be the level of understanding from either of them that I wish would be there.
For some, the best choice would be to tell it their parents straight-up, for others, it would be to ease into or imply it. Some others might have better luck with educating first and then for some other people, the best decision is not discuss it all. It really depends on your mom, how you think or know she’ll react and how far (or badly) you want/need her to know and understand or accept.

3 Likes

I guess girls can be found attractive too by any straight people (girl). I don’t think u should worry ur pretty little head ci ci :kissing_heart: and no matter what you are or what u decide to be ur mom will still love you and we will too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

2 Likes

DM me for advice

2 Likes

this is for @Ciley not me sorry lol

3 Likes

It’s not like I find them attractive as in they’re good looking, it’s like I find them attractive as in I like them. But it’s weird cause I’m not sexually attracted to anyone.

4 Likes

I don’t have any advice for you, but I wish you good luck and I hope that you’re able to talk to your mom about this

3 Likes

you could be a biromantic and asexual like me. i find all genders romantically attractive and i’m able to love all genders in a romantic way… but i have no sexual attraction ever… to anyone

3 Likes

Honesty I’m just hoping high school helps.

2 Likes

well, the convo basically went like this (for me)

mum: how was school
me: fine
dad: did you learn anything
me: yeah, that I’m gay

and that was that. I don’t think coming out has to be very big, unless you want that sorta thing. I mean, no one has a party when you say you’re straight, so why should it be different if you’re gay? but I think you can come out any way you want to, and no one has the right to judge you <3

2 Likes

That makes it look so simple. And I would find a way to mess it up…

I think I’ll just mention it, we’ll talk, and then I’ll wait till high school sometime to figure it out fully.

3 Likes

You should totally talk with her. She can give her opinions but while she’s respecting yours xx

2 Likes

Definitely write a letter for her if you’re too nervous to talk! Just throw it at her and run haha

3 Likes