I can’t believe they can get away with this

How is it fair that when I read a story now to get customisation, wear the best clothes , kiss someone , to find,do,get VITAL information I now have to pay for it I mean it’s called GEMS but it is money &not just t GEMS anymore we are talking 8-15 minimum on EVERY chapter aswell now! Also I have seen a lot of this Bonus’s scenes for GEMS which just makes me think they have cut the chapter short so you have to pay to see it now & then there’s the whole if you spend 15 GEMS we will let you watch chapters 21,22 or you will have to wait 4 days for its release!! Since when has been holding chapters for ransom been ok?? This makes me so annoyed firstly as this game/APP is aimed at children & secondly because it’s down to the writers I have read in the terms & conditions (see photo)

4 Likes

Gems have become an integral part of ranking, getting into payments (which has gotten harder this year as well) and bonus payments. Episode is also a business, so their goal is to make money and profits and always will be… besides, I don’t think any of us want to see the platform go broke at the expense of us not paying gems because we don’t like them.

I think it’s pretty obvious that Episode is taking on board other methods used by other platforms since Early Access definitely isn’t something totally new and in-app purchases have always been a thing. It’s just that we aren’t as used to it on this platform because we’ve enjoyed free and upfront chapters from the beginning.

With that being said, I don’t doubt that some authors try to abuse the gem features, but most of them actually don’t and there are a lot of Early Access test features that we don’t like (the 11-hour-wait time is an example), but they’re tests, so we’ll see how they turn out.

7 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

They should put a limit on Early Access I think. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I get your frustration, I personally don’t plan on using any gem features on my story (which is comming out in less than a week) especially if I paid for an art scene just for probably no one of 5 people to see it, and bonus scenes, I won’t do that bc I’m not going to code a 100-200 line scene again, for no one too see it. It’s just a waste of my time, the only gem choices you will see, is authors support. Cause I personally don’t like being charged gems, so I won’t charge them

2 Likes