I can’t make my character come in (enter) again, please help

So I made my character run out the screen but I can’t seem to make her come in running again… to a specific spot… (line 78) also how would I write in the script when I have to put in (seconds, zone, & layer)?

You can’t have a character walk to a layer. You’ll have to add in @CHARACTER moves to layer # instead of the at layer.

Alright, thank you & I’m struggling with layering the characters/overlays like here I want them to be on the inside & the OVERLAY window to be behind them… (I have 2 overlays)

did you layer the overlays?

Make the overlays at layer 1 and the characters at layer 2 & see what happens :slight_smile:

Yes, I have the fireflies as layer 1 & the window as layer 2

Make the fireflies at layer 0, the window at layer 1 and the character at layer 2.
For better understanding of layers, you can use this as your guide.
the photo also applies to overlays, hope this helps.

Oh! So if I have a total of 5 overlays would I have to layer the character to 6? Layering one number behind the overlay layering? (If that makes sence)

yep :smiley:

Awesome, thank you! :slight_smile:

Glad to help. :slight_smile:

Okay, i’m not sure if this is a glitch or if it’s what i wrote but I wrote down as said: & when she is running she goes behind the window but suddenly pops up ontop of the window??

can I see your full script?

when she’s running make sure you have
@CHAR is run_animation and CHAR moves to layer 2

I have it as “@ROSALINDA walks to spot 1.891 222 -316 in 0.4 AND ROSALINDA is run_athletic”

It needs to be:

@ROSALINDA walks to spot 1.891 222 -316 in 0.4 AND ROSALINDA is run_athletic and ROSALINDA moves to layer 2

Ohhh, okay much better! Just a quistion what does adding the “&” mean I thought it was another way of “AND” to not make the lines longer…

& is just a simpler way of starting something. It doesn’t correlate to AND

So let’s say you want a character to be in the background beforehand it would be:

INT.BACKGROUND NAME
&CHAR is idle

^
doing that will hav the character automatically be placed into the background without you having to have them enter and what not.

You can also use the & symbol for when you want an overlay to automatically be placed into the background with the background (if that makes sense)

“&” is used when you want a command to happen simultaneously while other commands are happening.

“@“ = the next command will not happen until the current command has finished
“&” = the next command will happen while the current command is happening.