I can't be the only one?

Ok so I was wondering… For the people who use ibis paint, how do you draw and color lips???

Tags

@PropertyofNae
@EllyAus234
@melaniesmall
@amelial
@AmeliClemonte
@keiji
@Theebee2004

Sry if you didn’t want to be tagged! Sry!

5 Likes

Well I have the character on a separate layer and lower the opacity of that layer, then I trace it and colour it in with Dip Pen Hard. I use the airbrush with the layer on Multiply to add some depth and might add a few more things🥰
I’m bad at explaining sorry but @/PropertyofNae has a help thread where she has already shown how to make lips with a in depth tutorial💕

3 Likes

Would u mind o show u tomo? Its pretty late here

2 Likes

I don’t mind😊

2 Likes

Hey!) I use the base color under the outline. Then blur the outline so it would be a smoother color. Merge the layers together. Then add shadows and highlights on a new layer using clipping.
I’ll attach how my most recent one looks after school today!

2 Likes

I made a tutorial a while ago but I don’t really draw lips like other people. I don’t outline the top or bottom lip, just the middle where they meet.

3 Likes

@Jaslene_Rivera so I tried to screenshot the step. It’s the technique I plan on using for my future edits.

Dip pen (Soft); Stabilizer 10; Length of Start = Length of End = 25
It’s just about outlining the lips

Now on the layer under the outline I fill in the base color.

Go back to the outline and blur the inner parts (transition looks smoother then!)

Add darker shadows and blur them with the Gaussian Blur filter

Hightlights on a new layer

It looks somewhat like that in the end

Extra details:

Using Pencil (Graphite) draw lines both dark and light

Partially blur them.

Ta da! I hope that was helpful! Of course I add a lot more highlights but it’s up to you!)

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

No problem!) It was actually fun to think about how I draw (wha-? :joy: )

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.